Go down
Unowen17
View user profile

Telomere editing in the news, or Fountain of Youth 2018 Empty Telomere editing in the news, or Fountain of Youth 2018

on Thu 26 Apr - 16:33
The three or four people who had been following the long-dormant Double Bond story series might remember "telomere editing" as a plot mechanism for extending human lifespan.

Well, guess what popped up in my news feed today?

Long-sought structure of telomerase paves way for drugs for aging, cancer (link)

Truth not only is stranger than fiction, it may come decades ahead of fiction!

Best,
UN

View user profile

Telomere editing in the news, or Fountain of Youth 2018 Empty Re: Telomere editing in the news, or Fountain of Youth 2018

on Sat 28 Apr - 23:48
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
That article is a fascinating read. I've never understood how aging worked, and that is an interesting break down of one hypothesis. I hope they are able to continue to progress to the resolution of images it says they need.
sleepingrain
Admin
Admin
View user profile

Telomere editing in the news, or Fountain of Youth 2018 Empty Re: Telomere editing in the news, or Fountain of Youth 2018

on Sun 29 Apr - 20:20
Oh neat, may have to read this myself. Thank you for sharing it!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum