Kindred Spirits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ally intro

+3
Olek
FullMarriageEquality
allietheally
7 posters
Go down
allietheally

Ally intro  Empty Ally intro

Sun 17 Jun 2018 - 14:43
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Bonjour! My name is Allie. I'm a 31 year old female. I believe as everyone involved in a relationship is a consenting adult, then the relationship should be legal. I do not really have any consanguinamorous desires, but I am looking forward to understanding others who do better. I am a lesbian whose parents emigrated to the United States from a highly homophobic society. In spite of moving to one of the most liberal places in the United States -- the San Francisco Bay Area -- my parents retained many of their old world beliefs regarding homosexuality. So, while I cannot claim to completely understand consanguinamory, I definitely understand what it is like having to assert the validity of your sexual orientation to a world that does not understand it (and in some cases, vehemently refuses to).

Last edited by allietheally on Sun 17 Jun 2018 - 14:44; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarify certain things)
FullMarriageEquality
FullMarriageEquality
Admin
Admin
http://marriage-equality.blogspot.com

Ally intro  Empty Re: Ally intro

Sun 17 Jun 2018 - 17:08
Welcome aboard! I've upgraded you account. I'm sorry you've faced negativity about your orientation. We have an allies area. I hope you find what you're looking for.

Sun 17 Jun 2018 - 17:19
welcome! im glad you are here allietheally. we need all the support we can get.
blackroseheart

Sun 17 Jun 2018 - 18:44
Welcome Smile

Sun 17 Jun 2018 - 19:38
Glad to have you aboard, I'm sorry you've had to face homophobia.
Unowen17
Unowen17
Admin
Admin

Sun 17 Jun 2018 - 20:26
Welcome, Allie! Glad to have your alliance. Smile

Best,
UN

Admin
Admin
https://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

Sun 17 Jun 2018 - 21:56
Welcome to the forums Smile I'm also sorry to hear that your parents haven't been accepting of your sexuality, that's got to be pretty tough going. You don't have to justify your orientation to anyone, so never let people make you feel that you should. If you haven't already, you should check out your local area for LGBT groups because they can provide good moral support for people who are having to deal with homophobic attitudes.

I often think that a lot of the hate that gets targeted towards sexual minorities is based not purely on the fact that we differ from the majority, but on what they fear those differences to be. When people don't understand something, they fill in the blanks with either erroneous 'common knowledge', or their imagination if they're too lazy to google it. This is why it's taken so long for homophobia to be reduced in society, and I know it's still not completely gone despite the best efforts of a large number of people to educate the general public about homosexuality, but there is progress every decade.

As for consang people, we're barely off the starting block, and most of our efforts so far have been in forming this community and making websites to get our arguments out there. My website is in my sig, and I've written extensively about consanguinamory to help others to understand it some. The bulk of my writing is filed under - My Work > Essays and Articles. You should check it out since you're interested in learning more about us.

Again, welcome to the forum, and thank you for being an ally Smile

Mon 18 Jun 2018 - 18:10
Quesera
Quesera
Star Member
Star Member
http://ciaotannia.forumactif.com/

Tue 19 Jun 2018 - 2:34
Bienvenue Allie. We very much appreciate you joining the tribe.

Fears and irrational moralities are taught to us and learned through osmosis when we are very young. I imagine it could be a bit isolating for people who are trained to be homophobic to live in San Francisco, so beautiful and liberal. It is a good place for some exposure therapy:-) Younger people seem to be very tolerant these days, perhaps better educated socially and more widely traveled. We are all learning a lot from each other in this group, which has an amazing array of people in it. It is good to have you with us.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum