Go down
Admin
Admin
View user profilehttps://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

The 'lets have a good moan about the weather' thread.

on Sun 8 Jul - 22:55
I hate summer, REALLY hate summer, but this summer is the worst. It's not rained in over two weeks (which is very unusual in the UK because we normally have rain 3-4 times per week on average) and everywhere you look the grass is turning yellow, it's been consistently 30C or near as damn it with no respite in sight. What I hate so much is the heat, not being able to do anything without sweating, it's miserable. Some people actually enjoy this weather but I can't see how. I'm all for a dry sunny day, but I'd prefer it much cooler (the type of day one would expect in late February when it's chilly and sunny sounds nice about now).
View user profile

Re: The 'lets have a good moan about the weather' thread.

on Sun 8 Jul - 23:12
I'm a tropical girl so I thrive in heat and humidity. Summer is my season but I am stuck inside. No beach for me. Its been raining a lot but thats where I live it always rains a lot here. Anyways the rain doesn't really matter when I cant go outside anyways.
View user profile

on Mon 9 Jul - 4:16
I feel for you Jane! Going shopping to a nice air-conditioned mall, or swimming in a shaded indoor public swimming pool might bring some relief, but staying indoors at home all day in stifling weather can be a struggle. Air conditioning systems at home can be costly so one tends to minimize use. It is bad luck if one is married to someone from the tropics. They love the heat, and what is really annoying about some of them, they seem to thrive in the cold too. B-----them! I say. I tend to lie down on a tiled floor and drink lots of lemon water as often as possible when we are over 38 degrees. All thoughts of work have disappeared and one only hopes for physical survival and a rain storm. Best wishes!
View user profile

on Mon 9 Jul - 4:40
Heat is fine but humidity blows 1,000 fiery dicks. Just the worst thing about summer.
Admin
Admin
View user profilehttps://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

on Mon 9 Jul - 22:06
Houses around here don't normally have AC, we just get the heating for winter time, not a thought given to needing to stay cool in summer. I'm just drinking plenty of cold drinks and having a cold bath twice a day, it helps a little, but not much. When I go shopping I stand by the refrigerator for a few minutes to cool down, that helps too. I try to get as much as possible done in the morning before it gets too bad, but it's stifling by 10am. I don't think I'd handle being in the tropics very well that's for sure, it's bad enough here in our temperate climate. That said, I handle winter better than most people, seriously, I'd prefer a snowstorm to this.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum