Go down
View user profile

Titanic II

on Sat 27 Oct - 17:54
https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Travel/titanic-ii-luxury-vessel-set-sail-2022/story?id=58776942

Does anyone else think this is an incredibly bad idea? Why make a replica and name a ship after a doomed ship? It just seems like you tempting fate.
View user profile

Re: Titanic II

on Sat 27 Oct - 20:37
I know of a pleasure craft vendor operating a business called ... get this ... Shipwreck Boats. I'm not making this up.

But here's a proposal more along the Titanic II lines. How about a dirigible airship cruise called 'Great Balls of Fire'?

Admin
Admin
View user profilehttps://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

on Sat 27 Oct - 23:14
It does seem like tempting fate, but hopefully this Titanic won't hit any icebergs end up on the bottom of the Atlantic. I wonder how many takers there will be for it's maiden voyage? I know I wouldn't want to be on it.
View user profile

on Sat 27 Oct - 23:20
Jane Doe wrote:It does seem like tempting fate, but hopefully this Titanic won't hit any icebergs end up on the bottom of the Atlantic. I wonder how many takers there will be for it's maiden voyage? I know I wouldn't want to be on it.
at the rate we are going there wont be any icebergs left to hit in the arctic...Still I wouldn't want to be on it. This is an almost exact replica of the original with some minor changes. Welded instead of riveted hull proper life boats and modern electronics. I know nothing about shipbuilding so I dont know what the difference between a riveted or welded hull is. I am glad they have enough lifeboats but I would never want those to actually be needed. I dont know much about the original Titanic but I thought there were some design flaws that aided in its sinking? Was that the riveted hull?
View user profile

on Sun 28 Oct - 2:04
I know what you mean. It does seem to be rather an unnecessary tempting of fate. I think some of the people who invest in and build these these massive machines may possibly be dogmatic atheists
and scientists, so they may not have much respect for things like 'fate' or other 'superstitions.' Yesterday I read about the billionaire Barry Sherman - "Sherman did not believe in God, free will, altruism or morality.[35] "I find no inconsistency in holding intellectually that life has no meaning, while at the same time being highly motivated to survive and to achieve", he once said.[35] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_Sherman

Even though I was very impressed with and enjoyed the large car ferry I traveled on recently, I am not eager to travel on a huge cruise liner.. even if they are miracles of modern engineering. I am not superstitious, just paranoid:-) after seeing the movies The Posiedon Adventure, Titanic and Captain Phillips.

View user profile

on Sun 28 Oct - 21:47
Up next, a full scale replica of the Egyptian Pyramids in west Texas.
Admin
Admin
View user profilehttps://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

on Sun 28 Oct - 22:30
I can understand wanting to build a replica, but it should have been a project to be kept on land, perhaps as a museum or something like that. Making it into a fully functional boat puts me off the idea of ever stepping foot on it, and I think a lot of people are going to feel the same way.
View user profile

on Mon 12 Nov - 16:50
I think it's rather sacrilegious consider the first Titanic is a cemetery. The numbers of the 911 flights have been retired, why not ships that have gone down with their crews and passengers. Is the Andrea Doria or Lusitania next? Just out to make a quick buck.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum