Go down
CelesChere
Star Member
Star Member
View user profilehttp://ks2016.forumactif.fr/t899-my-dad-and-i

Supergirl show Empty Supergirl show

on Fri 16 Nov - 12:57
I know I am one of the bigger comic book fangirls on this site so many may have no clue what I am about to talk about but here goes anyways for the few other comic fans that might know what I am talking about

I really want to love the Supergirl show and there is a lot I do like about it but I think they did some things that have bugged me season after season

My biggest issue with this show is Supergirl herself. I'm sorry but if you ever read a super girl comic what we have on Tv is NOT Supergirl that is a gender swapped Superman. The TV show has stripped Supergirl of all the things that set her personality apart from her cousin and made her a female version of Clark Kent. The nerdy goofiness uhm no Kara was utterly fabulous. She was in to things like fashion and wasn't so goofy and awkward. Well she was awkward but in a different way. She was awkward because she didn't fit in on earth. Something they really didn't touch on much. They make lip service and had a few episodes where they showed her troubles adjusting to earth in her back story but in the present time she fits in just fine. That is a big element to Supergirl in the comics. She doesn't fit in on earth. She misses krypton constantly and has a terrible time trying to adjust to life on earth. She was older when she came to earth then in the show. So it was even harder for her. While they have her general optimism and good nature down they completely stripped her of another of her defining aspects. Her anger. Supergirl is pissed off. She is angry she is short tempered and she is impulsive reckless and brash. What we have in the show is just female Superman. She is responsible and thoughtful and careful. I'm sorry thats Superman not Supergirl. Supergirl is deeply troubled and severely depressed and they stripped those things from her. Supergirl is also more violent then Superman is. Supergirl has had spells where she has been nearly villainous. Like when she was trained by Darkside who saw her anger and nurtured it. She tried to kill her cousin. Or when she becomes a red lantern. They stripped her of all her nuance and everything that separates her form Superman and just gave us a female Superman. I want to see the reckless, impulsive, angry, ass-kicking take no prisoners Kara Zor El.  Not this milk toast Superman clone Kara Danvers.

Then there's Alex. Alex doesn't exist in the comics and I want to like her but she is just such a whining cry baby. For like 2 seasons Alex is crying about something. Every damned episode. Damn bitch get your shit together. My daddy is evil *cries* I might be gay *cries* I love this woman *cries* I dont love this woman *cries* always fucking crying. When I see Alex I dont see a strong empowered woman. I see the very worst gender stereotype of the overly emotional woman. I have grown to hate her. I wish they would have just left her out of the show at this point.

Last edited by CelesChere on Fri 15 Feb - 11:36; edited 1 time in total
CelesChere
Star Member
Star Member
View user profilehttp://ks2016.forumactif.fr/t899-my-dad-and-i

Supergirl show Empty Re: Supergirl show

on Sat 17 Nov - 2:59
I got to hand it to Alex this season she managed 3 episodes before she started to cry. Neutral
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum