Go down
CelesChere
Star Member
Star Member
View user profilehttp://ks2016.forumactif.fr/t899-my-dad-and-i

Racists caught on tape  Empty Racists caught on tape

on Sat 15 Dec - 5:34
https://percolately.com/koh/woman-beats-asian-woman-with-umbrella-and-calls-her-racial-slur-on-morning-subway-commute-in-viral-video/?utm_content=inf_10_4134_2&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=GTAK&tse_id=INF_84a81e00ffd411e8b433ab68d22425b2

Where are all these racists coming from? I swear that bitch is lucky I wasn't on that train. I would have beaten that bitches face in so hard she would be eating through a straw the rest of her life.
View user profile

Racists caught on tape  Empty Re: Racists caught on tape

on Sat 15 Dec - 8:28
Message reputation : 67% (3 votes)
CelesChere wrote:Where are all these racists coming from?

Emboldened by their leader, POTUS, who can say and commit racist acts without any repercussions.
CelesChere
Star Member
Star Member

on Sat 15 Dec - 11:27
Message reputation : 67% (3 votes)
nicole wrote:
CelesChere wrote:Where are all these racists coming from?

Emboldened by their leader, POTUS, who can say and commit racist acts without any repercussions.
Agreed. That man has given a green light for all these people to come out of the closet. I seriously want to fight all these people in these disgusting videos. Its not enough for them to be publicly shamed because they have no shame. They need to he hurt.
Jane Doe
Admin
Admin
View user profilehttps://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

on Sat 15 Dec - 22:37
Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)
If they disagree with a person on account of their culture, they can do so in words... violence is not necessary against innocent people who are probably just trying to get to work. Can't see what she has against Chinese people, all they do (in the UK at least) is contribute to normal society, and perhaps open a few takeaways with delicious curries and chow meins, no harm in that! I may not agree with the Chinese government, but the people are a different matter, they happen to be really nice!
Special Member
Special Member
View user profile

on Mon 17 Dec - 9:56
Are there any really 'pure breed English people' any more or have they all been inter-marrying with outsiders like Vikings and Romans and French for centuries? Thus xenophobia seems to be the other extreme and reverse image of incestophobia. The media is perhaps partly to blame for making these things worse than they might once have been. Politicians don't by themselves create them. T eashe church once was the media, and perhaps for many still is. Tom Lehrer sang songs about both racial hatred in the USA and incest but his satire and mockery did little to improve the situation. Perhaps being able to discriminate makes life easier with fewer choices. How do we choose who we employ or marry if we have to interview everyone in the world first and give them all a chance? Chosing a family member is the simplest way:-) and a highly discriminatory one. Am I wrong? Was the second Bush any better than the first?
Willendorfer
View user profile

on Thu 20 Dec - 21:09
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Where do these racists come from? They've always been here.

If one is white, i.e. treated as a member of the dominant ethnicity/culture of North America or Europe, I think it's difficult to imagine what life is like for people of colour in those societies. This is what people of colour have been telling us for quite a while now. And white people have, for the most part, told them to quit exaggerating, racism is a thing of the past, get over it. But now with smart phone cameras and the ability to post videos to youtube, the ubiquity of violent racism is undeniable.

As we battle for consang rights, let's not forget there are people in our cities who risk getting shot to death by police or vigilantes while peacefully walking down the street or sitting in their own car.
sleepingrain
Admin
Admin
View user profile

on Fri 21 Dec - 3:55
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Well written Willendorfer, and much appreciated reminder. It's different in different countries, even different cities, but like you say they're not new. Only more visible now with technology.

Bigotry, in almost all forms, rises from fear. If we quell it with violence, either in self-defence or defence of others, that fear is justified (if only in their own minds). Reinforced.
To me, true lasting progress & peace can only be made by bridging the gap between peoples, responding with love even under the greatest burdens - especially under those greatest burdens - until it's self-evident that there is & never has been anything to fear at all.
But doing so isn't easy; if it's just ourselves, maybe there are many who would. When our loved ones are endangered, how many would restrain themselves from a fast... 'effective' solution?
CelesChere
Star Member
Star Member

on Mon 7 Jan - 4:56
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum