Kindred Spirits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Intro [F/D] in the US

+3
FullMarriageEquality
sleepingrain
lovesick
7 posters
Go down
lovesick

Intro [F/D] in the US Empty Intro [F/D] in the US

Thu 3 Jan 2019 - 8:29
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
deleted

Last edited by lovesick on Mon 18 Mar 2019 - 5:18; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Paranoia)
sleepingrain
sleepingrain
Admin
Admin

Intro [F/D] in the US Empty Re: Intro [F/D] in the US

Thu 3 Jan 2019 - 9:13
hiya lovesick! thank you for your intro, you're cleared for the forums proper *hug*
I hope we can help you find answers!
FullMarriageEquality
FullMarriageEquality
Admin
Admin
http://marriage-equality.blogspot.com

Thu 3 Jan 2019 - 12:41
Welcome aboard, lovesick!

I'm sorry your wife has those issues.

Feel free to ask for advice or vent your frustrations and hesitations in the member areas, to which you now have access. Also, always feel free to send me a private message or to email me at fullmarriageequality at Protonmail dot com.

Thu 3 Jan 2019 - 22:30
Welcome aboard.
CelesChere
CelesChere
Star Member
Star Member
https://ks2016.forumactif.fr/t899-my-dad-and-i

Fri 4 Jan 2019 - 0:09
Hey I'm with my dad. Generally when dads ask this question my best advice is to let your daughter approach you. Although in this case it may not apply as much. Usually I say that because of the potential for power imbalance but since you're both well into adulthood now and you didn't raise her thats sort of a moot point. I wish I had better advice for you on this but My dad and I's situation is a bit different from yours.
polyguy
polyguy

Fri 4 Jan 2019 - 0:44
Welcome aboard! In addition to the consanguinamorous people around here, and those of us who consider ourselves allies thereof, there are quite a few polyamorous members as well - folks who have more than one intimate partner in an honest and forthright fashion. So feel free to share your thoughts and ask questions.
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
Admin
Admin
https://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

Fri 4 Jan 2019 - 2:18
Welcome to the KS Smile

I had a relationship with my father that lasted 8 years, but my situation was different from yours because he raised me and had been present throughout my entire childhood (this type of consanguinamory is referred to as non-GSA because there was no absence and reunion), and the relationship started when I was 19 and started to see him as a man that I was strongly attracted to, and not just as my dad. Your situation sounds more like GSA than non-GSA to me, but there could be elements of both since there was some contact during her adolescence.

If you want to guage how your daughter feels about the subject, you might want to bring up the subject IN GENERAL, like, you could show her a news story or something like that and ask her her opinion, giving yours as 'I can't see what they did wrong' or something of that nature. If she reacts with disgust then it's a no-go, but if she agrees with you, then at least you know that she isn't going to be completely grossed out if you start subtly flirting with her. As you've already said, it's something you must approach with caution and go slowly if you wish to proceed.

I'm also sorry to hear about your wife... that must be hard for her as well as for you. Obviously you're a man who still has needs, and your wife is no longer able to fullfil that side of things. Have you spoken with your wife about the possibility of allowing you to fullfil your sexual desire elsewhere, if not then you might want to think about that. Reason being, if you still love your wife, and there is every indication that you still do, then you should be as honest as you can with her about how the lack of a sex life has been affecting you. So like, without placing blame or expecting her to do anything about her condition, you could remain a married couple with her permission to persue others (polyamory). This way you're keeping a minimum number of secrets, she doesn't even have to know who the 'other woman' is unless you choose to divulge that piece of information. You know your wife better than anyone here, and whether she would be receptive to this or not. It's just one possible suggestion.

I know how much you want your daughter, but I also do not want to see all of your hurt by this situation. I'm just thinking of ways to negate or at least minimise potential damage to your marriage, your wife will be hurt if you cheat behind her back, even though she can no longer offer you sex. Do you believe this could be an option for you?
lovesick

Fri 4 Jan 2019 - 4:54
deleted

Last edited by lovesick on Mon 18 Mar 2019 - 5:19; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Paranoia)
lovesick

Fri 4 Jan 2019 - 5:37
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
deleted

Last edited by lovesick on Mon 18 Mar 2019 - 5:19; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Paranoia)
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
Admin
Admin
https://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

Sat 5 Jan 2019 - 0:36
If you want to post more about your personal situation, you should do so in the 'my story' section of the website, that is one of the parts which is hidden from people not yet upgraded and so you'll have greater privicy there.

And yes, if she has already experienced GSA before, then there is a stronger possibility it could happen again. At this point you don't know, but I get the feeling you'll probably find out.

And no, you're definitely not going insane, everything you've described here is perfectly normal Smile
lovesick

Sat 5 Jan 2019 - 13:37
deleted

Rick Fortune
Star Member
Star Member

Sat 5 Jan 2019 - 17:04
Greetings lovesick, glad to have you with us.

Please continue to search the site, you will find a lot of information, advice and support from all here.

KS has helped mom and I understand our situation, and importantly how best to go forward with it in a world that doesn't agree.

As for your suspicion that consang has touched your family in the past, we have found it in our history and feel it helped us understand more

about ourselves, looking back at family interactions.

Good luck, and don't feel shy about asking questions, I've stepped on my own more than once with incorrect assumptions.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum