Go down
CelesChere
Star Member
Star Member
View user profilehttp://ks2016.forumactif.fr/t899-my-dad-and-i

White people dont season food Empty White people dont season food

on Sat 23 Feb - 14:34
Where did this myth start? Italians are white and they have like the best food ever. French season food go anywhere in the south and theres plenty of seasoning with white people food. It drives me crazy seeing this myth get told all the time. Some of the best food in the world is white people food
Unowen17
View user profile

White people dont season food Empty Re: White people dont season food

on Sat 23 Feb - 17:33
Go get yourself some pico de gallo, Celes. Or chicken paprikash. Or gyros. Smile

Best,
UN

Special Member
View user profile

on Sun 16 Jun - 3:32
Who started  that myth?  I think  UN was the first person I have seen make the statement, though it was probably meant to provoke a philosophical  discussion on the origin of myths ( a good idea by the way).
We could have a whole section devoted to cooking with people sending in their favourite recipes and or links to to various cooking  shows on TV. (A 'Ciao cooking show' would be nice, the hosts  could wear Zoro masks if concerned about privacy). I think they have already had a naked chef show on TV from Denmark or some such place. I think it was in bad taste.

The only  'white people' I  ever met were in my home town, but that was before i found out that one family that lived on a street in our town  was indigenous, and therefore, not white.
This  means that as a group, our  town wasn't  white - perhaps it was a certain  shade of  white,  but still, it was not 100% white.
There was only  one 'dining establishment' in our town, but it was a take -away /fish and chip shop, but they also did hamburgers and healthy food  like that
In those days chips and deep fried  fish, calamari, abalone etc. were seasoned with salt, pepper, vinegar and tomato sauce ( 'ketchup' to you guys).  Invariably there was too much salt. There may have been  curry patties and meat pies available too.
I think the cultural and racial make-up of the town has changed completely  since the  60s. There  may be some indigenous people still living there, but  while before all the people lived on quarter-acre sections, nowadays few can afford more than  a town house,  and a small share of a whole  quarter acre  block. Globalization and open-slather immigration has  seen property prices sky rocket, as in other places, just like Vancouver.  But for those who can  afford to  dine out, there are hundreds of new restaurants, with unlimited seasoning available. Of course, it didn't all start with the arrival  McDonalds and KFC.
These days if we go to a restaurant is it usually a Vietnamese one. The  Vietnamese had the Chinese ruling them for  quite a while, learned from them, and then, finally, got them to leave. Well, that could be just a myth too:-)
crimsonfield
View user profile

on Sun 16 Jun - 7:43
White people food? Is it gluten free? Does that come with a certified label in the US? ^_^
Jane Doe
Admin
Admin
View user profilehttps://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

on Sun 16 Jun - 21:02
First I've heard of this myth. Last I checked, every ethnic group seasons food in one way or another. Maybe they aren't counting salt and pepper as seasonings LOL.
View user profile

on Thu 20 Jun - 16:23
Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)
Where did the myth start?

Tribalism.

People lie, and they especially lie about individuals and groups they do not like.

Ignore them, they do not matter.

crimsonfield
View user profile

on Sat 22 Jun - 14:26
OtherHans wrote:Tribalism.

Seasoned with a pinch of racism.
Unowen17
View user profile

on Sat 22 Jun - 16:49
crimsonfield wrote: