Go down
CelesChere
Star Member
Star Member
View user profilehttp://ks2016.forumactif.fr/t899-my-dad-and-i

Worst ships in fiction. Empty Worst ships in fiction.

on Sat 4 May - 18:33
No I dont mean ships as in boats I mean relationships! Here are a few fictional couples I hate some are official some are the fever dreams of some fans

Kylo Ren and Rey. I hate this one. Whoever ships them has problems. Ren is an abusive narcissit who tortured Rey. This is an example of the awful woman as mans salvation trope in fiction.

Wonder Woman and Superman dc was smoking crack when they paired them up. I just re watched Justice league war and seeing them flirting made me sick. The only reason for this ship is they're both strong her der. Any real fan knows the only leaguer that Diana belongs with is Bruce.

Joker and Harley Quinn. I know I know its classic. And I like it from a narrative standpoint but these are two are NOT #relationshipgoals Joker physically and mentally abuses Harley, he ruined her life. She was so afraid of him she hid their child from him. My favorite move they made with Harley was her escaping Joker and her new ship with Pam. Pam and Harley THATS #relationshipgoals
crimsonfield
View user profile

Worst ships in fiction. Empty Re: Worst ships in fiction.

on Sat 4 May - 18:48
Jaime and Cercei in Game of Thrones. Not so much in the show, but in the books it's pretty much implied that Cercei's love for Jaime is fueled by her own narcissism as she sees herself in him. Being twins and stuff. I figure it's the same for Jaime since Cercei is an even bigger powercunt in the books than in the TV-series.

Jane Doe
Admin
Admin
View user profilehttps://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

on Mon 6 May - 0:50
Here is one from Star Trek Voyager, a CANON ship which absolutely boggled the mind: Chakotay/Seven. I mean seriously, there had been tension for a while with Chakotay and Janeway, and between the Holographic Doctor and Seven. So... those relationships would have made way more sense in the context of the series. Chakotay/Seven was very much out of the blue in season 7 with nearly zero buildup, I loved Voyager, but that was a moment of 'what the fuck were they thinking when they decided this was a good idea?'.
Mr Reese
View user profile

on Mon 6 May - 1:16
Jane Doe wrote:Here is one from Star Trek Voyager, a CANON ship which absolutely boggled the mind: Chakotay/Seven. I mean seriously, there had been tension for a while with Chakotay and Janeway, and between the Holographic Doctor and Seven. So... those relationships would have made way more sense in the context of the series. Chakotay/Seven was very much out of the blue in season 7 with nearly zero buildup, I loved Voyager, but that was a moment of 'what the fuck were they thinking when they decided this was a good idea?'.
Funny story behind that one It was Kate Mulgrew who shot down Janeway/Chakotay. They writers WERE building towards it but she said it would be grossly inappropriate for a captain to be romantically involved with her 1st officer and she had them stop it she talks about it in conventions here is her talking about it

I frigging LOVE Kate Mulgrew

As for 7 and Chakotay Jerri Ryan and Beltran actually went to the writers about them in season 5 or 6 and the writers ignored it. Then decided to hook them up in season 7 out of nowhere. Which annoyed both actors because they said they were already prepared to sow those seeds much earlier. I saw them talking about it on a convention panel but I cant find the video of it anymore.
Jane Doe
Admin
Admin
View user profilehttps://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

on Mon 6 May - 23:03
Mr Reese,

I didn't know about that, thanks for the info. I can understand her reasoning for a Captain and a First Officer not getting involved, even if the ship is lost in the Delta Quadrant. Although you got to admit, that is a pretty exceptional circumstance and they could have ignored the regulations, I don't think Starfleet would have punished her for that, given those circumstances, not knowing when, or even if they would ever get back to Earth. Not that Janeway would ever have taken not possible for an answer, she felt responsible for stranding them the moment she destroyed the Array in Caretaker, but she had to do that to give the Ocampa a chance of survival, it was the right thing to do of course, but it left her with a lot of guilt.

As for the Chakotay/Seven thing, I think that is a case of the writers not listening to the actors (and if any people get to know the characters well, it's the actors who portray them week after week). If the seeds had been sown earlier, season 5 or 6 like the actors suggested, then it would have made more sense to the audience and given a chance for them to buy into the idea. I mean, Tom/B'Elanna got a decent buildup and we could all see it coming, and so when they got together it made perfect sense, we were probably all shipping them before the fact. Simply put, it makes no sense to the audience usually if it's totally out of the blue. I remember thinking 'Have I missed something here' and re-watched the last season just to see if I had missed something... but I hadn't.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum