Go down
Mr Reese
View user profile

Why so many admins that are never here? Empty Why so many admins that are never here?

on Mon 13 May - 1:19
I dont mean to insult anyone but theres a long list of admins with post counts lower then many regular users. As far as I can see the 3 admins who take an active regular part here are Jane, FME and Sleeping Rain. I see some of the others very rarely and there's a name on the admin list that has 15 posts total. Whats up with that?
sleepingrain
Admin
Admin
View user profile

Why so many admins that are never here? Empty Re: Why so many admins that are never here?

on Mon 13 May - 4:01
Oh no you're good. Though I don't have solid answers for you; they were here before me and were admins on old KS before we relocated to these servers (the post count doesn't include anything from the old servers). So some I think were grandfathered in? that would be my guess. TheFinalManifesto contributes a lot when he's here, but he's really busy so that seems... scarce these days.
I'd also say that time is really important, people who are trouble rarely stay as long, whether they post a lot or not. Not that that's impossible, just not as common.
Jane & FME might could say more, but that's my takeaway! ^_^
Unowen17
View user profile

Why so many admins that are never here? Empty Re: Why so many admins that are never here?

on Mon 13 May - 16:54
But I don’t think it makes very much difference that we have inactive admins. There is little that an admin can do that a mod can’t. And if I have to take one mod action a day on KS, it’s been a busy week.

About the only time I have to get the admins involved is when a member has done something that I think might deserve the size-fourteen ninja boots. But if we’re missing something, please let us know. Occasionally, people get harassed in PM or off-forum by the fapistas, and we certainly want to know about that if it happens.

Best,
UN

Admin
View user profilehttps://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

on Mon 13 May - 23:41
Yes, they were there on the old version of KS, and when I set this place up, I made sure that everyone who was an admin on the old one carried their rank into this version. Many went inactive. As long as there is a decent staff team at any given time, it doesn't really matter which are active and which are not. I keep them there just in case they ever want to come back. While the three of us do the bulk of the work, nearly all of it, and we get some significant help from UN who is our most active moderator, I feel it is important to keep them active just in case. The transition from the old forums to this one was a rough time... we went a month with no forum at all. We wouldn't have had this one were it not for a friend of mine who posted me a link to this provider. I had to find a provider with servers in a safe country and the servers are in France on this one, and therefore all forum content is subject to French law, and incest is not illegal in France providing it's consenting adults. Simply put, it took so long so that the forum is legal and above board. Since the transition was so rough, we lost a hell of a lot of members (so much so that we basically ended up starting out with less than 20 people) and I guess some old admins may have lost interest. The layout, everything here is different from the old one except for the basic ethos. Thank God the admin panel is more user friendly though! We only moved from the old forums because the servers went down, but the new one is much better I think, more user friendly in general and doesn't look like it's stuck in a 90s time warp.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum