on Tue 14 May - 0:50
One of the best TNG moments:

sleepingrain
Admin
Admin
View user profile

Life forms Empty Re: Life forms

on Tue 14 May - 0:59
The video clip isn't loading but I already know what it is! and YES it totally is LOL
Mr Reese
View user profile

on Tue 14 May - 1:08
The thing I think is funny about Data and his emotion chip is that Data with emotions is just Brent Spiner being Brent Spiner if you've ever seen him at conventions and stuff he cant stay serious for longer then 30 seconds. Its a testament to what a great actor he is that he could pull off the super serious Data when he himself is the opposite.
Jane Doe
Admin
Admin
View user profilehttps://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

on Tue 14 May - 1:39
Remember, he also had to pull off being Lore too, a complete psychopath in an android body. So yes, a great actor Smile
Mr Reese
View user profile

on Tue 14 May - 1:40
Jane Doe wrote:Remember, he also had to pull off being Lore too, a complete psychopath in an android body. So yes, a great actor Smile
And their "Dad!"
Jane Doe
Admin
Admin

on Tue 14 May - 22:29
Mr Reese wrote:
Jane Doe wrote:Remember, he also had to pull off being Lore too, a complete psychopath in an android body. So yes, a great actor Smile
And their "Dad!"

Damn, I'd forgotten he also portrays Dr Soong!

That said, there is another actor that also plays two parts. Robert Piccardo. He plays the holographic doctor on Voyager, but has also played the inventor of the medical hologram, Dr Lewis Zimmerman.

Come to think of it, Jefferey Combs plays Liquidator Brunt of the Ferengi Commerce Authority, and Weyoun of the Dominion on Deep Space Nine, in addition to the Andorian Shran on Enterprise (I realised this as soon as he spoke).

I guess using the same actor for more than one part could be considered some kind of tradition, LOL.
Mr Reese
View user profile

on Tue 14 May - 23:00
Jane Doe wrote:
Mr Reese wrote:
And their "Dad!"

That said, there is another actor that also plays two parts. Robert Piccardo. He plays the holographic doctor on Voyager, but has also played the inventor of the medical hologram, Dr Lewis Zimmerman.

Come to think of it, Jefferey Combs plays Liquidator Brunt of the Ferengi Commerce Authority, and Weyoun of the Dominion on Deep Space Nine, in addition to the Andorian Shran on Enterprise (I realised this as soon as he spoke).

I guess using the same actor for more than one part could be considered some kind of tradition, LOL.
There's quite a few. Some of the later series regulars played one off characters Marc Alaimo (gul Dukat) Played botht he first romulan and first (and unrelated) cardassian seen on tng. My friend and I like to pretend its gul dukat in TNG. The guy who plays Paris was Wesleys bad friend at the academy in that episode about the kids and the shuttle accident. We like to say thats what got Tom Paris put in prison lol. Tim Russ was one of the guys who took over the enterprise in the the Captain Picard Die hard episode, Odo played one of the admirals behind the big conspiracy in dtar trk 6 Micheal Dorn also played his grandfather also named worf in that same movie. Tasha Yar was also Selene theres lots of double casting in star trek. LOTTSSS of it
Jane Doe
Admin
Admin

on Wed 15 May - 23:11
Mr Reese wrote:
Jane Doe wrote:
Mr Reese wrote:
And their "Dad!"

There's quite a few. Some of the later series regulars played one off characters Marc Alaimo (gul Dukat) Played botht he first romulan and first (and unrelated) cardassian seen on tng. My friend and I like to pretend its gul dukat in TNG. The guy who plays Paris was Wesleys bad friend at the academy in that episode about the kids and the shuttle accident. We like to say thats what got Tom Paris put in prison lol. Tim Russ was one of the guys who took over the enterprise in the the Captain Picard Die hard episode, Odo played one of the admirals behind the big conspiracy in dtar trk 6 Micheal Dorn also played his grandfather also named worf in that same movie. Tasha Yar was also Selene theres lots of double casting in star trek. LOTTSSS of it

Yes, I remember the one... Gul Macet I think he was called in that TNG episode, I could tell immediately, even though they're meant to be two totally different Cardassians they look nearly the same except for a couple of minor changes. I didn't realize he also played a Romulan... Commander Tomalak? I think he was the first one we saw. We see him a few times in TNG.

The shuttle accident episode... oh yes, I remember that one and the speech Picard gave to Wesley to get him to come clean to Admiral Brand. LOL, fun way to think about Tom Paris stint in prison. IIRC didn't that have to do with him joining the Maquis?
Mr Reese
View user profile

on Thu 16 May - 0:26
He played commander Tebok in first season I believe "the neutral zone" I would have preferred if they used Tomalak in nemesis instead of Shinzon, Tomalak and Selene

And as for Paris yea he was in the maquis my friend and I just like to say its the same character from the tng episode because we're nerds with our own head canon.
Jane Doe
Admin
Admin

on Thu 16 May - 23:26
Mr Reese wrote:He played commander Tebok in first season I believe  "the neutral zone"  I would have preferred if they used Tomalak in nemesis instead of Shinzon, Tomalak and Selene

And as for Paris yea he was in the maquis my friend and I just like to say its the same character from the tng episode because we're nerds with our own head canon.

Hey, nothing wrong with being a Trek nerd, LOL Smile

I think her name was 'Sela' IIRC... the offspring of Tasha Yar and a Romulan guy we never actually see. Tasha was sent back in time on the Enterprise C in 'Yesterdays Enterprise' and according to what Sela told Picard, She was captured by the Romulans and then married one of them. Apparently they had Sela together, and then Tasha tried to escape back to the Federation and was put to death. Sela was then raised by her father and considers herself Romulan, completely rejecting her human heritage.

Damn, I forgot about Tebok. When people mention TNG and Romulans, Tomalak is the first one that comes to mind, but that's probably just because he is the most frequently seen.

A bit like when people mention Cardassians, it always makes me think of Garak or Dukat.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum