Kindred Spirits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
Admin
Admin
https://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

NEW SITE POLICIES - What's different from the old KS Empty NEW SITE POLICIES - What's different from the old KS

Fri 15 Apr 2016 - 17:18
We are doing things a bit differently from how they were done on the old KS, mostly because I believe it is going to attract more regularly posting members.

We used to operate a policy of deleting posters who contributed nothing within 2 weeks. I have decided to extend that to three months. Some people need more time to feel comfortable enough to open up and become contributors to a forum such as this, I remember procrastinating for several weeks before making MY first ever post on a forum. If however somebody hasn't made a post in three months, I will work on the assumption that they had nothing to say and delete their account, they will be free to sign up again if they change their mind and wish to contribute at some later stage. Some people do not like people just lurking, however, I don't see this as a problem as it could encourage people to open up more if they are free to read about other peoples experiences. Furthermore, some people are just infrequent posters because of time constraints and other commitments, there is no reason to unfairly punish this group and I know of at least one person who did not join the old KS because of that rule.

Jane

Last edited by Unowen17 on Tue 24 Dec 2019 - 22:43; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Unsticky old announcement)
Quesera
Quesera
Star Member
Star Member
http://ciaotannia.forumactif.com/

NEW SITE POLICIES - What's different from the old KS Empty Re: NEW SITE POLICIES - What's different from the old KS

Mon 18 Apr 2016 - 5:47
Dear Jane,

I think the new rules are an improvement and acknowledge the good reasoning behind them. Also, congratulations for the new site location and to all those involved in getting it up and running. It is working well. Thank you.
wiccanbiker
wiccanbiker

NEW SITE POLICIES - What's different from the old KS Empty Re: NEW SITE POLICIES - What's different from the old KS

Tue 19 Apr 2016 - 14:31
Lol I remember the girls going on rants as they delete non posters and spammers.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum