Go down
View user profile

introdiction Empty introdiction

on Wed 29 May - 4:29
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
hi, I'm over 20, and I have feelings for a first cousin who is older than me. we have had some interactions and ive come here to further understand myself as well as him.
Thank you
Unowen17
View user profile

introdiction Empty Re: introdiction

on Wed 29 May - 10:50
Hi, Nothinghere,

Welcome to Kindred Spirits. We’re glad you’re here, and I’ve granted you full access to the forum. Please feel free to surf the private areas and tell us more about your situation there.

Best of luck with your cousin, and we’d be happy to help you understand yourself better, as best we’re able. It sounds like you’ve at least broken the ice with him, and it’s okay so far. As I’ve said elsewhere, dating your cousin shouldn’t be any more of an issue than dating your neighbor. Smile

But please help me out. First off, are you male or female? I only ask because of having to know whether to refer to you as “he” versus “she.” Smile

Best,
UN

Star Member
View user profilehttp://ks2016.forumactif.fr/t899-my-dad-and-i

on Wed 29 May - 11:03
Unowen17 wrote:Hi, Nothinghere,

Welcome to Kindred Spirits. We’re glad you’re here, and I’ve granted you full access to the forum. Please feel free to surf the private areas and tell us more about your situation there.

Best of luck with your cousin, and we’d be happy to help you understand yourself better, as best we’re able. It sounds like you’ve at least broken the ice with him, and it’s okay so far. As I’ve said elsewhere, dating your cousin shouldn’t be any more of an issue than dating your neighbor. Smile

But please help me out. First off, are you male or female? I only ask because of having to know whether to refer to you as “he” versus “she.” Smile

Best,
UN
in 2019 all the yougins ask this by asking "whats your pronoun" Wink welcome aboard
Unowen17
View user profile

on Wed 29 May - 11:19
CelesChere wrote:in 2019 all the yougins ask this by asking "whats your pronoun" Wink  welcome aboard

Thanks for the Gen XYZ lesson, Celes. Or is it Millenial? Either way, Boomer is so much more elegant. Wink

Best,
UN

Star Member
View user profilehttp://ks2016.forumactif.fr/t899-my-dad-and-i

on Wed 29 May - 12:07
I'm like right on the cutoff between millennial and gen z and dad is on the cut off between gen x and millennial. We're weird that way
FullMarriageEquality
Admin
Admin
View user profilehttp://marriage-equality.blogspot.com

on Wed 29 May - 12:32
Welcome aboard!

View user profile

on Thu 30 May - 8:51
Hey guys, I'm female. I'm also dealing with a slightly different issue with my dad. See me and my first cousin didnt have the attachment that my dad and I do.. and I recently found out he has the same feelings for me as I him before.. and still do. I know this is probably a stupid question.. but could it be a genetics thing? I know I'm not crazy.. just looking for answers. Like cousin attracted and I am too and now dad attracted and I am too but in a whole different way? Like an actual love way? Is it coincidence or.. idk just searching. More explaining to come.
Unowen17
View user profile

on Thu 30 May - 9:53
Hi, Nothinghere,

Thanks. You have some interesting ideas, and it’s possible they’re right. It’d be best to continue this discussion in Non-GSA, where it’s visible to members only.

Best,
UN

Special Member
View user profile

on Thu 30 May - 10:48
Dear Nothinghere,

Welcome!  It just occurred to me that such  attractions could indicate you may have  some  royal  blood in you. Many of the royals of Europe married cousins and had long and happy marriages. In Jesse J. Prinz's 'Beyond Human Nature How Culture and Experience Shape our Lives' Prinz says (p 353) "In fact, if you survey world cultures, only 44% have explicit rules against incestuous unions." (Referenced to Thornhill, N.W 1991 'An Evolutionary Analysis of  Rules Regulating Human Inbreeding and Marriage. Behavioral and Brain Sciences, 14, 247-9)

It is quite surprising how much research has already been done on this subject, so if you are interested, there is lots of material  for you to  study. However, though to be in a successful relationship can require  a lot of  effort it can be more rewarding that reading boring old books! Best wishes:-)
Jane Doe
Admin
Admin
View user profilehttps://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

on Thu 30 May - 22:35
I've moved this to the introductions forum Smile

To answer your question, you certainly aren't crazy, and there is some evidence to suggest that this tendency may indeed run in families... the number of people who are consang is around 2.4% of the population according to my research, and yet there is a hell of a lot of people on here who have had or currently have a partner to which they are related, and while some people here remain unrequited, there is certainly a great percentage that are not.

You aren't alone here, and if you stick around you will begin to make some sense of this. So, welcome to KS Smile
sleepingrain
Admin
Admin
View user profile

on Fri 31 May - 4:46
hiya & welcome to KS ^_^
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum