Go down
Craig/nicole

Do some of the members ever meet each other? Is it a thing? Are there any organized large gatherings for us? How did it go?  Empty Do some of the members ever meet each other? Is it a thing? Are there any organized large gatherings for us? How did it go?

on Sun 28 Jul - 22:42
So.....do the members ever meet other members to talk face to face? Is there an annual thing? An organized meet for the group?
Unowen17
Unowen17

Do some of the members ever meet each other? Is it a thing? Are there any organized large gatherings for us? How did it go?  Empty Re: Do some of the members ever meet each other? Is it a thing? Are there any organized large gatherings for us? How did it go?

on Sun 28 Jul - 23:15
Craig and Nicole, it’s difficult to arrange meetups because of the risks involved. However, we do have a thread for people who want to meet face-to-face:

http://ks2016.forumactif.fr/t1206-meet-others-face-to-face

The only FTF meeting I’m aware of is when I met MinnieC for dinner several months ago.

Best,
UN

Do some of the members ever meet each other? Is it a thing? Are there any organized large gatherings for us? How did it go?  Empty Re: Do some of the members ever meet each other? Is it a thing? Are there any organized large gatherings for us? How did it go?

on Sun 28 Jul - 23:28
Thanks Un. I understand completely. If you could let yhz123 know and impact33 know that Craig/Nicole are seeking a meet.
Unowen17
Unowen17

on Sun 28 Jul - 23:36
Your best bet is to post in the meetup thread or send them PM. I haven’t seen either of them on KS in a while, but they might get notified by email if you PM them.

Best,
UN

Special Member
Special Member

on Mon 29 Jul - 10:18
You might be able to  ask this question of the Anais Nin Foundation, in Los Angeles.
Nin wrote about her relationship with her father,  inhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incest:_From_a_Journal_of_Love
as well as everything else she did.
I was thinking of naming a group after  her, but, as always, someone else beat me to it!

This group on KS  seems to be is a place where people can meet ' face to face' relatively safely. If you  trust Skype or that sort of thing you  might be able to see someone's face.

It sure would be nice if a thousand or so of us could book out a  hotel or two in a small town for a convention once a year. Bretton Woods New Hampshire would be  really nice.
New Jersey or Rhode Island might be safer, but less fun:-)

https://theanaisninfoundation.org
Unowen17
Unowen17

on Mon 29 Jul - 11:02
Abe, that hotel idea is asking for trouble from creeps who decide to crash it. Better would be to pick a shopping mall or other public place and have people wear lily buttons to recognize each other. That’s more or less what Minnie and I did.

Best,
UN

on Tue 30 Jul - 2:33
Guess maybe we’ll just wait and see.......
Unowen17
Unowen17

on Tue 30 Jul - 3:01
Tell you what. I’ll PM yhz123 and impact33 and let you know if they respond. Unless you’ve already PMed them yourself.

Yhz123 hasn’t been on in nearly a year, but impact33 was on only a few days ago.

ED: yhz123 has picked up my PM and responded. I asked L. to contact you directly by PM.

Best,
UN

on Tue 30 Jul - 3:23
Awesome, thanks. I’ve gotten a pm from yhz. We’ll see where it goes.
AbeSarah
Special Member
Special Member

on Tue 30 Jul - 6:20
Hi UnOwen,
I know it is not likely to happen any time soon, but if we had our own convention of 1000 people in a prestigious hotel, and
say one or two trouble makers turned up ( we certainly did not invite them, and the hotel was booked all for us) then we would deal with them, ( safety in numbers) and or get hotel security to do it. Anyway, how would anyone know we were there or what we were planning to discuss? As you said, hardly anyone knows what 'CIAO' means. It could mean the Coffee Lovers International Appreciation Organisation.:-) Well, I can't spell that well! But you know what I mean. In general, for smaller meetings, you would be right though. It is good to have a healthy sense of paranoia ( 'critical' as Salvadore Dali said).
Unowen17
Unowen17

on Tue 30 Jul - 10:32
Abe, if it did become widely known, it’d get out soon enough. We’ve already had people come in and start spewing about “consang lifestyle.”

1000 people? We don’t even have that many members on KS. I wouldn’t want to have to organize such a thing, even if we did have the members. It’d be inviting many kinds of disaster.

We have to start small. If Craig and Nicole can meet YHZ or Impact, that would double the number of meetups we’ve ever had. Smile

Best,
UN

Special Member
Special Member

on Tue 30 Jul - 11:37
Hi. I'll think about what you said UN. The  Good Lord works in mysterious  ways, as they say. I was thinking today of holding a prayer meeting, i.e. as  the Society of Friends ( Quakers) do, where  we will pray  very  hard for all CIAO people ( you know who I mean). We might pray to the God of Abraham  and Sarah for strength and courage in the face of overwhelming obstacles and  enemies. I do believe though we have many allies and  potential friends who  may not have considered in your calculations of how many of "us" there are. Maybe I am over optimistic. You are right to advise new members to be cautious. Perhaps I have had too much heart  medication and it has affected my brain:-)  Perhaps some of  us could go and be hecklers at some other people's  conventions,  and the LGBT crowd did in the past and still do.I'd leave that to the  young and idealistic. Like you  I am  getting a bit timid /smarter than  when i was a young activist/hooligan:-)  Cheers!
Craig/nicole

on Tue 30 Jul - 14:53
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Hi Abe ..... Craig here..... I hear you and I hear you to UN. The LGBT community started small too and look where they are now. I’m guessing that they went through the same hoops and jumped the same hurdles that we are heading for. For now though I would hope that we can find small groups or even just another couple to speak to instead of regular people that just may not get it fully. I’m sure the allies and all are nice, we have one, but to release in the comfort of that couple sitting across from you would be terrific
Rick Fortune

on Tue 30 Jul - 17:50
As unowen and minnie did, wear your Lily buttons and hope to be seen by those of like mind.
It's Wisconsin State Fair time again, if anyone goes, look for my button on my camo cap.
Craig/nicole

on Tue 30 Jul - 19:01
Patches on jackets. Visible lily tattoos. Buttons. T-shirts. Nicole and I are getting the tattoo.
Unowen17
Unowen17

on Tue 30 Jul - 19:19
Rick Fortune wrote:As unowen and minnie did, wear your Lily buttons and hope to be seen by those of like mind.
It's Wisconsin State Fair time again, if anyone goes, look for my button on my camo cap.

Actually, Minnie and I just told each other what kind of coats we were wearing. (It was winter.)

I do have some lily buttons, and I have one pinned up at work. No one has paid it the slightest bit of attention in a year and a half. I used to wear a lily button on my ball cap, but I disappeared it when my wife spotted it.

Craig/nicole wrote:Nicole and I are getting the tattoo.

Now THAT'S dedication! Smile Can you post a pic once it's done? I'll let you know how to sanitize your location from the pic if you need.

Best,
UN

on Tue 30 Jul - 19:34
Of course we will!!!
AbeSarah
Special Member
Special Member

on Wed 31 Jul - 3:29
Rick I'd love to  go that Fair. Maybe another  year.  Your mention of that state  reminded me of this article, which still seems as relevant as ever. Cheers

http://archive.boston.com/news/globe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2005/08/28/hypocrisy_on_adult_consent/
Unowen17
Unowen17

on Wed 31 Jul - 10:15
Rick, I also wish I could meet you and your mom at the fair, but it’s way too far for me. Hope somebody shows up. I believe we have some other members out that way, so maybe someone will come up and ask you about your buttons. Smile A state fair is big and full of people, so it’d be better if they PMed you first so you could set up a time and place to rendezvous. Good luck!

Best,
UN

on Tue 3 Sep - 8:26
Hey guys, only just seen this thread. Love that we have a symbol 💕 It’s funny because lilys have always been special to me, maybe it’s a sign. Why did we choose the Lily as our symbol?
Unowen17
Unowen17

on Tue 3 Sep - 9:04
Fire, that’s Cristina Shy’s lily. Jane Doe explains its symbolism here on her blog:

https://consanguinamory.wordpress.com/friends-of-lily-design-info-and-downloadable-pdfs/

Best,
UN

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum