Kindred Spirits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
josephlin101

I'm Joe, new here Empty I'm Joe, new here

Sun 17 Nov 2019 - 3:18
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Hi everyone,

I'm Joe, very new here.  Let me introduce myself very quickly: I'm between 50 and 60, living in America.  I have to come clean first: I have never had any romantic feeling toward any of my family members.  I do have a daughter, sisters, half sisters, and of course a mother, but the thought never ever comes into my mind whatsoever.  Well, maybe toward a cousin or two, but that was when we were very small, and the feeling was probably more like curiosity.  

However, I'm a researcher, and I'm very interested in finding out why incest is such a taboo, and why some people will fall so heavily and deep in love with their blood.  It's fascinating to me.  I just want to get to know people.  

And finally, I just want to say that I agree that there shouldn't be laws to punish consensual incest.  Of course, how do we determine it's consensual that will be another topic for another day.  Anyway, thank you all for letting me join your community.

I'm Joe, new here Empty Re: I'm Joe, new here

Sun 17 Nov 2019 - 3:31
FullMarriageEquality
FullMarriageEquality
Admin
Admin
http://marriage-equality.blogspot.com

Sun 17 Nov 2019 - 4:09
Joe, would you consider yourself an active ally? Or is it that you’d like people to contact you for research? If the latter, would this be for academic purposes, narrative fiction, or...?

Sun 17 Nov 2019 - 4:13
I'm definitely an ally. I'm in a conservative area, if I really want to conduct an academic research project it probably will be an uphill battle... so "research" probably is for my own personal interest only at this point. But in the future if chances arise, I'll go for it.
josephlin101

Sun 17 Nov 2019 - 4:56
I just read our admin, Jane Joe's "about me" story. I'm sorry your father broke off the relationship. I can't tell when it was posted, I hope everything is well with you and your father... I can't imagine how painful it will be, it takes a lot of bravery to endure it. Best wishes to you.
Unowen17
Unowen17
Admin
Admin

Sun 17 Nov 2019 - 11:31
Hi, Joe,

Welcome to KS. Since you've identified yourself as an ally, I'll upgrade your membership in a few minutes.

Forum rules: https://ks2016.forumactif.fr/t745-for-the-attention-of-all-newcomers

We'd welcome your curiosity, but please be gentle. There are some scared and hurting people on here, and the topic is about the most sensitive one possible. Take it from one who knows. You're not just playing with fire here, it's more like nitroglycerine.

Jane has been away from KS for a while now, but I've heard she'll be back soon.

Best,
UN

Sun 17 Nov 2019 - 16:15
Thanks. And definitely, I'm here to understand and learn, absolutely no judgement.
FullMarriageEquality
FullMarriageEquality
Admin
Admin
http://marriage-equality.blogspot.com

Sun 17 Nov 2019 - 16:26
Welcome aboard! I don’t like to interrogate, it’s just that I want to make sure people are here for serious discussion. Thanks for explaining.

Sun 17 Nov 2019 - 16:30
Oh, no, no problem at all! I understand perfectly.

By the way, I just talked to someone on reddit, he has a twin sister and they just fell in love and consummated last night. They're only 16, from Europe (I don't know which country), I think they'll need all the support they need, so I'll introduce him to this site.
josephlin101

Sun 17 Nov 2019 - 16:32
Oh, I just realized you'll only for adults? Is it ok they're only 16? Sorry...
Unowen17
Unowen17
Admin
Admin

Sun 17 Nov 2019 - 17:11
Yes, adults only here. We absolutely do not tolerate pedophiles.

Best,
UN

Sun 17 Nov 2019 - 17:21
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Hey, consanguinamorous youth are not judged or anything: http://marriage-equality.blogspot.com/2017/12/consanguinamorous-youth.html

BUT, this forum is only for people that are 18+ because it's the way activism needs to be and for the sake of legalities and such. Teens close in age are a different category. So, they unfortunately cannot be here, but when they turn 18, they should consider joining. I've seen a couple like that too, but they are 15, so again, they cannot join right now because this is an 18+ only forum.
josephlin101

Sun 17 Nov 2019 - 17:23
Yeah, that makes sense. Thanks.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum