Go down
Ian

Should I consider it Empty Should I consider it

on Tue 19 Nov - 22:22
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
So for those who know my story has recently took a turn for the worst...I am hurt and my heart aches...i am staying at a friends house at the moment and every day I hurt more...I miss and still love her....she says that she is sorry, she said she regrets it...etc...so for those of you that can if you were in this situation. What would you do? Would you consider trying to work through this???
Unowen17
Unowen17

Should I consider it Empty Re: Should I consider it

on Wed 20 Nov - 3:51
There’s a difference between forgiveness and trust. Forgiveness should be immediate. Trust has to be earned.

You should forgive her immediately. But you need to have some serious discussion with her about where your relationship is going, where you want it to go, and how to get it there.

An open relationship might not be off the table for you. I don’t know. It’s not right for everyone. I’ve never made it work. That’s something that you and she need to work out. But even if it’s open, it mustn’t involve sneaking and cheating.

Best,
UN

Admin
Admin
http://marriage-equality.blogspot.com

on Wed 20 Nov - 6:48
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
UN has it exactly right.

Sometimes people feel so insecure in a consang relationship that that they freak out and impulsively reach out to someone else. Other people simply aren’t monogamous. If either of you “needs” to be with others, that is something that has to be negotiated. Your relationship doesn’t have to be open with no rules. It could be that she needs one “regular” lover in addition to you, and that’s it.

I’m polyamorous. But I’m not you. You need what you need, she needs what she needs, but trust is very important. You might need some time to process this.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum