View previous topicGo downView next topic
View user profile

proincest episode of community

on Fri 23 Sep - 3:03
We just watched a episode of a show called community. In the episode the main characters go to a wedding only to have it revieled that the couple getting married are related. Now it revieled comes as a shock to everyone even the bride amd groom. At the end the couple decides to stay married even. At the end of the episode the written for that episode gives a factually accurate description of the inconsistent laws about incest and the fact cousin arent likely to have messed up babies. It was really shocking and uplifting.
View user profile

Re: proincest episode of community

on Fri 23 Sep - 4:08
Oh yea, I saw that one some time ago cause someone shared a link with me... I have mixed feelings about that video. On one hand, I think it's great that there was this alternative storyline with an alternative ending. But at the same time, the characters irritate me on a personal level... But I guess that's just the way the show was made, with very odd characters that are supposed to be comical. However I did really appreciate what the writer said at the end.. I think he was taking responsibility for the episode since it was his idea and the other writers asked him to make that statement as part of the agreement to air it. (maybe cause they weren't fully comfortable with being associated with that kind of plot line... but I guess the important thing is they gave it a chance).

I really wanted to e-mail the writer and thank him but I couldn't find his contact info... It was a really bold thing he did and he is kind to speak out about the facts instead of making fun of that kind of love.
View user profile

on Thu 12 Jan - 8:35
i loved that show and episode! i was with friends when it came on and hoped it would strike up a conversation but instead everyone got quiet and weird
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum