View previous topicGo downView next topic
View user profile

Problems with site redirecting to a spam page?

on Sun 22 Jan - 14:13
I don't know if this is the proper subforum, but twice today, I was redirected whil loading a page to a spam page that wished me congratulations for being th xth person to yada yada, and had some kind of flash wheel-of-fortune that claimed to be offering prizes. I'm not sure if anyone else has gotten this.
View user profile

Re: Problems with site redirecting to a spam page?

on Sun 22 Jan - 22:23
Install adblock plus
Admin
View user profilehttps://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

on Sun 22 Jan - 22:33
You'll most likely need to install an adblocker of some kind, some people have this problem when using a mobile device such as a phone or tablet, but not when using a PC or laptop. It's not the first time this problem has cropped up for people. I use baidu antivirus adblocker, it's free and it seems to work well for me, but whether it works on mobile devices as well as laptops I don't know.

Unfortunately there is nothing I can do to stop the ads from appearing in the first place, as this is a free forum. Basically how it works is that the companies pay the forum providers money to put their ads on the free forums, that's how they provide free forums. It's annoying, but it's the price you pay when you have a free forum.
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum