Go down

Would you be in favour of a new forum being created for discussions about sex?

3 - 43%
4 - 57%

Total Votes: 7
Admin
Admin
View user profile

Re: I want everyones opinions

on Mon 15 Jan - 18:38
If it's an honest account of feelings, yes that feels fair. Sometimes we can't be sure; that's what causes trouble. You're right though, we all deal with life problems differently.
I feel even honest conversation could attract the wrong attention (depending on it's subject), but it doesn't feel right not allowing that.
View user profile

on Sun 4 Feb - 10:18
I apologize for not showing up here the last several weeks. I’ve actually had it pretty tough. I was fired (I believe for political reasons) from a well-paying job that I hated in mid-July, and instead of immediately searching for another similar job, I instead quadrupled my focus on a goal I’ve had the last several years: Becoming a high-school teacher.

I felt it would be disingenuous to get hired at a new company, have them think I planned to be working there for years, allow them to spend money on boarding and training me, only to quit once I’d accepted a teaching position. As a result, I burned through my savings, and drove rideshare for Lyft for 5 months. That paid from 1/2 to 1/3 what I earned before, and I quickly fell into further debt.

So much so that the last months my church, other churches, and several veterans organizations have paid my rent 100%, I’ve been on food stamps, I’ve lost Cable & Internet at home, I’ve had my mobile phone cut off, and my car repossessed. Without a phone or a car I cannot drive for Lyft anymore, so I cannot earn a living. Twice it was feared I’d had a heart attack from the stress, and my primary care doctor referred me to both a psychologist (whom I see nearly every week now) and a psychiatrist who put me on a suicide watch, when all is said was that, at times, I’d wish I’d just get it over with and die. I was just expressing my hopelessness, not that I was planning to make it happen.

Anyway, anything Internet-related now happens when I occasionally visit my nearby library or mooch off a restaurant’s WiFi, and that time is usually spent contacting family or job searching, not reading here. Sorry about that.

Sometime this month I expect to sell almost everything I own, rehome my cat, and more into “transitional housing” for veterans. At that point, I’ll officially be homeless. I’m actually looking forward to it, because that, combined with declaring bankruptcy, means I’ll have a safe, comfortable place to sleep, food to eat, I won’t have to pay for a car note, nor gas, nor insurance, and I’ll effectively be living my life for free for a while. During that time I’ll be focused on attending job fairs and interviews across Texas, and by May-August I expect to be teaching History to high-school students, doing something I feel I was born to do, and making about $10,000.00 more a year than I was a year ago when I was fired. If that happens, this last years problem will have been worth it.

So, that’s why you haven’t heard from me, and why you’ll probably not hear much from me for a while. Whatever doesn’t kill me, makes me stronger, and all that... Smile
View user profile

on Sun 4 Feb - 13:18
Walt, that sounds like an awful lot to pay for a career change, but who am I to say? Good luck to you.

Best,
UN
Admin
Admin
View user profile

on Sun 4 Feb - 17:51
It IS an awful to pay for a career change. It's nothing at all for following your dreams.
Good luck waltdee, and don't worry about being here regularly, you have more pressing concerns. I very much hope everything goes as planned!
Admin
Admin
View user profilehttps://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

on Sun 4 Feb - 22:25
Damn, that sounds really rough. I hope it pays off for you. Don't worry about you not being around here... you've got bigger problems. Once you're all sorted, we will still be here Smile
View user profile

on Mon 2 Apr - 2:41
I think it is not such a bad idea to create a separate 'zone' for where people can talk about sex.

Would there be another forum just for the different types of love? Phew! We'd be talking and reading all day and night just about love or sex!
View user profile

on Mon 2 Apr - 3:39
I dunno, AbeSarah. I’d rather not proliferate forums unless there is an actual need for them. We’ve been getting along fine with General so far for such discussions. If we have a lot of content that needs to be separated out of General, that’s a different matter.

Best,
UN

Admin
View user profilehttps://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

on Mon 2 Apr - 23:26
I feel that we're doing well with the collection of forums we have so far, obviously if that changes in the future I can modify the forum accordingly.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum