View previous topicGo downView next topic
View user profile

A video by someone whose parents are first cousins (they come from a consang line)

on Sun 26 Feb - 18:40
Hey, so I came across this video. I shared it on my blog with a short post on what I thought:
http://rainbowamory.tumblr.com/post/157720609244/via-httpswwwyoutubecomwatchv-kaceinx4zgy

But to sum it up, I thought this woman was as kind as she could be about consang love, considering the trauma she's had to go through in her family (the feeling of being unsafe, not because of her parents, but because of the hyper-sexualized mentality of other family). Very rarely do people actually take the time to reflect and talk about WHY they feel the way they do so I thought it was particularly great that she did that.. It's nice that she didn't come out of it saying that people shouldn't marry family members. She acknowledges that while it's not for her, she has her own personal reasons (not the usual social biases), and that she can't decide for other people what is best for them. This is a very mature and fair stance, and I hope it opens some people's minds, whether or not they want to have a consang relationship themselves.

View user profile

Re: A video by someone whose parents are first cousins (they come from a consang line)

on Sun 26 Mar - 21:06
I watched the video and she made good points on her own beliefs. While I cannot agree with her, I like the mature approach she took. Thanks for showing it.
View user profile

Re: A video by someone whose parents are first cousins (they come from a consang line)

on Mon 27 Mar - 1:31
What were your thoughts? Where did you differ in opinion?

on Mon 27 Mar - 10:48
So she's basically saying her family, village, birth community is full of rapists and child molesters ?
How the f$ck can she speak that way of her elders ? That she was a "sexual" target of her family ?! And love in all that ?! Ah, it infuriates me! But what's ludicrous, is that she IS smart on many issues, primarily that one should never base his/moral standard and actions on legality alone. She's right. So how can she say what was lived in her community was only about lust ? Sorry to put that way, but she's basically saying uncles use to see their dependents as masturbatory dolls...
She's spitting on Iraki people, she's morally disgusting, in addition to being ugly. And I do hope her ugliness comes more from the ring through her nose, than her bad genetic make up.
View user profile

on Wed 29 Mar - 0:55
I have a response to you but these days I'm a bit busy so give me time. I'll reply cause I disagree with much of what you said here.... but also remember that I fully support cousin marriage between those who love each other. I just have a very different way of looking at what this young woman had to say. I will explain as soon as I get more time.
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum