Go down
View user profile

Casting Call for Cousin Couples (for a tv show)

on Wed 8 Mar - 14:01
Hey, I have posted the details here, if anyone is interested in participating:

http://rainbowamory.tumblr.com/post/158159667994/casting-call-for-cousin-couples

As always, it's important to thoroughly check them out to see if they are legit and decide for yourself.
Star Member
Star Member
View user profile

Re: Casting Call for Cousin Couples (for a tv show)

on Thu 8 Feb - 3:23
Hey, blackroseheart,

Saw this while going through zero-response posts. Did the show ever go anywhere?

Best,
UN
View user profile

on Thu 8 Feb - 15:52
Hey UN,

These things pop up every now and then but I've only ever seen one come to fruition. There's an MTV show called something like 'having my cousin's baby' (I forget the exact title). This show had also started out just advertising, trying to find participants. I vaguely recall. And then it actually got made, even though only two couples participated and I have a feeling it's because they needed financial support for their situations.

I get the sense that there are many casting calls (I've heard of like 3 different kinds for cousins alone throughout the time blogging). But they don't get participants so they don't get made.... that is understandable because people just want to protect their private lives from stigma.

I feel that as long as these TV people go for North American audiences they are not going to get anywhere... they need to go to countries where consanguinamory laws are more relaxed and I bet they'd get more participants if they did.
Admin
View user profilehttp://marriage-equality.blogspot.com

on Thu 8 Feb - 21:55
I put a GSA father and daughter in touch with a print journalist. She kept their privacy. Her article when viral. It was everywhere and everyone was taking about it (like on talk shows, for example). It freaked the couple out. Fortunately they weren't outed.
Star Member
Star Member
View user profile

on Fri 9 Feb - 4:33
blackroseheart wrote:I get the sense that there are many casting calls (I've heard of like 3 different kinds for cousins alone throughout the time blogging). But they don't get participants so they don't get made.... that is understandable because people just want to protect their private lives from stigma.

We're starting to get some here. Probably with the same results.

Personally, I don't see what the big deal is about cousins, but I guess there's a market. I think one of my relatives way back in the 1800s married a cousin; I'd have to check. Never thought a lot about it.

FullMarriageEquality wrote:I put a GSA father and daughter in touch with a print journalist. She kept their privacy. Her article when viral. It was everywhere and everyone was taking about it (like on talk shows, for example). It freaked the couple out. Fortunately they weren't outed.

Something else to keep in mind before taking an interview. Do you know whether she asked for real names?

Best,
UN
View user profile

on Fri 9 Feb - 15:41
I wanna know that too, FME. It makes sense if they ask for real names in the start because they'd need to verify that the couple is real and actually related. But then they'd keep the names private in the published story... Is that how it works, FME?
Admin
View user profilehttps://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

on Fri 9 Feb - 16:22
Under no circumstances should anyone provide their real names to journalists. Considering the fact that lack of privicy could lead to being thrown in jail, it's a no-brainer.
View user profile

on Fri 9 Feb - 17:27
Jane, I agree when it comes to places where it's illegal but if the couple lives somewhere where they can't be prosecuted I don't see why it would be entirely bad to give verifying info.. like in a private meeting between the journalist and them. But I don't think the journalist should take copies or anything because that's risky.

If people don't take any risks at all then stuff like this wouldn't even be made... because there is no telling if the stories are real or fake. So it loses the effect it should have. The journalist should be able to say they verified the person behind-the-scenes... Look at that podcast called "Brotherly Love".. even in that one there was a guy talking about his sister and him and his image was in disguise. But it felt so much more believable because he was there.

In the above case, there would be actors, which makes it even more anonymous. But behind the scenes, in a private interview, I don't see why the journalist (if they have a good reputation) can't get verifying info. (and I'm talking for cousins here since they may be safe in terms of legal stuff where they are)
Admin
View user profilehttp://marriage-equality.blogspot.com

on Sat 10 Feb - 10:16
Different journalists have different requirements.
View user profile

on Sun 11 Feb - 17:06
I’m just hoping these relationships are portrayed positively, I’m sick and tired of all the bigotry and prejudices against these relationships. If the LGBT community gained acceptence so can we, and probably even sooner since we’ve now got the internet.
Admin
View user profilehttps://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

on Tue 13 Feb - 19:26
blackroseheart, you're right. I was talking primarily to people who are in places where it isn't legal. If they're where it's legal then of course the confirmation comes with less risk Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum