Kindred Spirits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
Admin
Admin
https://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

ANONYMOUS INTERVIEWS FOR A PODCAST Empty ANONYMOUS INTERVIEWS FOR A PODCAST

Thu 9 Mar 2017 - 0:47
I am reposting here something Cristina posted on FB for everyone... me and cristina are participating:

Hi everyone. I have been talking to a woman who does Podcasts. She did a podcast with a Doctor who had experience with the trauma of incest. But now she wants to show the other side, the positive side of people in consanguinamorous relationships who are in happy healthy and loving relationships. She is willing to do audio only, and she will alter our voices. She has an agreement to sign, but we can use our fake names in the agreement. We do not need to disclose our location, real names or anything else that could incriminate us.She understands the need to be protected from prosecution. I have been talking to her at length. She originally uses Skype for her interviews but she has gone to great lengths to set up an account on WIRE since it is more secure for us. I have agreed to do the GSA interview with her tomorrow night. She would like at least one more person in the GSA category to talk to and she would like one or two people who lack Westermarck to interview as well. Her name is Michelle Ann Owens. www.ladyfoxentertainment.com/listen https://itunes.apple.com/…/podcast/nothing-of…/id1119685200…

She emailed me :
I'm the host and producer of Nothing Off Limits (NOL) which discusses topics across society/culture, health, business, music, relationships and much much more. I just finished an episode with a doctor of psychology who is passionate about the topic of incest, as she believes it's a subject that many people avoid talking about and that needs attention. She speaks about it from the standpoint of sexual abuse, and provides resources for incest survivors.

Now, I would like to interview people who are inside of an incestuous relationship, so that they can explain their feelings about their sibling or parent and share their perspective. I think it is important to see both sides, and hear stories of people who truly love each other. It is my mission on NOL to share information and viewpoints that will help people understand each other and themselves better.

I realize this is a sensitive topic and would do anything to protect the identity of whomever is willing to share their story with me and my audience. I can change the names, leave out specific details such as location, alter voices, and they can sign my release with their screen name instead of their real name. I can use stock images as well. My interviews are 40-45 minutes long on average and are pre-recorded audio only. No video. I do all of my own editing so the episode will only pass through my hands. I distribute the content on itunes,google play, stitcher,, various streaming stations and via my website www.ladyfoxentertainment.com and i will also be promoting the episode on social media, primarily instagram, twitter, and facebook, as well as via email newsletter. To hear current/past episodes you can visit any of the places i listed and look for Nothing Off Limits.

I look forward to your reply and i appreciate your help in advance. Michelle.

ok, so that was her message to me. If anyone is interested, please let me know and i will put you in touch with her. If you want to wait and see how my interview goes i can post my experience here. Thanks everyone !! Cristina
blackroseheart

ANONYMOUS INTERVIEWS FOR A PODCAST Empty Re: ANONYMOUS INTERVIEWS FOR A PODCAST

Thu 9 Mar 2017 - 20:36
Jane, is the focus on siblings and parent/adult child? No cousins for this one? I'm just asking so I could decide whether or not to share this on my tumblr, since mine is for cousins.

This is awesome though!! Good luck to you and Christina. Very Happy I cannot wait to see the final result. And it is SO nice of her and intellectually honest of her to acknowledge that there are two sides to the topic of incest. I completely agree with her that for people to understand each other, all sides need to be heard. And I also hope things like this promote the use of the term 'Consanguinamory' more.

Also, would she ever do interviews with allies? (people that are not in any way involved with a relative but that support consang couples)
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
Admin
Admin

Thu 9 Mar 2017 - 22:30
I'm not sure if she is going to be doing anything on cousins, but when I talk to her I will ask for you Smile

I am looking forward to this, it's great that she's giving our side of the story too and I think it's going to be very educational for her listeners.
CristinaShy
CristinaShy
http://www.lilysgardener.com

Sat 18 Mar 2017 - 4:49
There is another reporter that was asking me about cousin couples a couple weeks ago. If you are interested, email me at lilysgardener@protonmail.com
ricochetrenegade

Sun 26 Mar 2017 - 20:20
I came to this site after hearing both of your podcasts through thefinalmanifeato's blog. Thank you so much for speaking up. It means a lot to someone like mean who experienced this in the past
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
Admin
Admin

Sun 26 Mar 2017 - 21:16
Well, that's what we're there for Smile Doing the podcast serves dual purposes: education for the public, and letting other consang people know that they're not alone and that they're not broken people.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum