5 - 63%
1 - 13%
0 - 0%
2 - 24%

Total Votes: 8

Your take on Trump

on Thu 6 Apr - 21:49
Hello.
How do you perceive Trump, and its public relationship with sexual minorities ?

Last edited by evanescente~ondine on Fri 7 Apr - 10:44; edited 1 time in total
View user profile

Re: Your take on Trump

on Fri 7 Apr - 4:19
He's a terrible human being with no care for anyone but himself or anyone who financially benefits him.
Admin
View user profile

on Fri 7 Apr - 12:47
I felt someone would mention him eventually.

Donald, as I see him, is determined to 'win'. What he considers victory may or may not benefit others. His relationship to sexual minorities is likely ad hoc - whatever works for him at the time. As he's largely supported by the US conservative wing (itself divided between religious conservatives and anti-establishment conservatives), he's likely not going to extend protection to minorities as his base doesn't typically desire it. He's not a people-pleaser per se, but he needs adoration. He won't get any from the US left-wing, may or may not from US centrists, but the US right-wing is more reliable and closer to his personal beliefs. He's not entirely opportunist, he does have core beliefs, and he genuinely wishes his country to 'succeed' - though I don't think he sees any harm in personally profiting from it in ways people may not approve of.

I don't think he has deep personal animus against sexual minorities, but he's not what many would consider egalitarian either. Could he be persuaded to help us (or any minority)? yes, I think so. But I don't that's likely.

No vote from me, the options didn't feel compelling.
Personally, I feel Donald grew up with a very demanding parent, which has given him tremendous drive but also hidden fragility. This is why he seeks out such admiration; he was never able to attain it when he was young. He likes Vladimir Putin because Vladimir presents himself as no-nonsense, high-standards, and willing to "make hard choices"; an authority figure with similar beliefs as Donald's own. He has fears (don't we all?) and doesn't trust people enough to be forthcoming. I feel he truly cares about Ivanka, as she accepts him for who he is and gives him guidance with people that he himself can't quite grasp, without letting herself be trampled.

A terrible human being, hmmm well perhaps. I understand why you would say that. I don't agree with his theories, but I don't feel he is as bad - or good - as many people claim (including himself). As to his intelligence, that depends on how you define it. I don't feel he is adept enough to excel in politics; he's too easy to control. He's a skilled demagogue, but that's not the same as politics. He's likely to make some good decisions as well as bad ones (regardless of your political stance). His advisory is talented, but unbalanced. I feel his election win is (for him & his party) a tactical victory, but grave strategic misstep.

Is any of this true? who knows. I feel it is, but if you find other conclusions, that's just as well.
My psych-eval could go on, but you get the idea!

on Fri 7 Apr - 14:35
Magnificent psych-eval. You're right: what he sees as a success, might as well be other people's nightmare.
Like industrial success. I don't believe he considers Nature's rights in his equation of success. Not like he want to destroy it, but from what he says, the idea of something worth other than economical growth, doesn't seem to have ever crossed his mind. Well, he's businessman after all, not a nobleman.
Recently, what seriously made me fear a lack of basic mental stability in him, is his declaration on Syria. Before, he sort of made peace with Russia publicly, saying US shall be friend with Russia, shall let loose other countries and focus on itself, and now ? He almost spoke publicly of needing to get rid of Bashar El Assad, though this country more or less belongs to Russia ? Even if it's a game to please his "deep state", such a foreign policy only worsen other countries' perception of the US. If you add that he still did nothing inside his country, that just makes him utterly useless.
Sure I prefer a fool rather than an genocidal maniac like H.Clinton, but... well, I wouldn't like being American.
Admin
View user profilehttp://www.lilysgardener.com

on Wed 12 Apr - 9:57
i went with the vote for asshole. He is sexist, racist, power hungry, and i believe after his presidency has passed it will take years, maybe even decades to undo the damage he is now causing and continues to cause. The man is horrible and pathetic. just my 2 cents of course Wink
Admin
View user profile

on Wed 12 Apr - 12:33
I don't think he's that bad. I'm not saying everything he's doing is 100% perfect, but he's also not as bad as people say he is. Most people only hate him because the news or social media tell them to, not because they legitimately know about his policies or plans.

I also don't see racist in him. He's talking about illegal immigrants being blocked or cast out. Illegal isn't a race. He has no problem with legal immigrants.
Admin
View user profilehttp://www.lilysgardener.com

on Wed 12 Apr - 13:24
he said all mexicans are murders and rapists. if that isn't racist i don't know what is.
Admin
View user profile

on Wed 12 Apr - 14:59
When did he say that? Did he say all of them? I recall that he said something about the murderers and rapists getting in with the illegals, but not that they all are.
Admin
View user profile

on Thu 13 Apr - 3:28
from what I know, he didn't say verbatim "all mexicans [or immigrants] are rapists", though if you read between the lines, he certainly *feels* like he has racial animus. And his observable behavior matches someone with NPD - though it's usually bad practice to assign personality disorders without private evaluation, so make of that what you will!

He receives hate for winning when not many thought he would. People assumed his rhetoric was "too outlandish" and he would be laughed away. I don't blame them, but it still demonstrates that there isn't an understanding between America's right and left wings.

If you're worried about damage he's causing, consider that you're not alone. If he doesn't play his cards shrewdly he may not win re-election, as many people who didn't vote before will now. But who knows? wartime presidents usually see re-election, and he'll likely enter one.

Global polarization worries me. If the US left responds with a populist candidate, I don't feel that helps.
View user profile

on Sat 22 Apr - 15:01
Well, he is still better than Hillery.
View user profile

on Wed 3 May - 16:27
well i was almost certain this would never happen. but now he, a busenessman, is the president .
he is unpredictable and i personaly have not the slightest dought he shares a common point wth us.
i insist, even if tomorrow he appears in a Yeltsin mode announcing equall rights of marriage to all, this makes him not an ally.
even the possibility to start ww3 wit korea excludes him from our broader circle of possible friends.
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum