View previous topicGo downView next topic
View user profile

Which of you guys are gamers?

on Sun 24 Apr - 4:04
I'm currently without a game system right now, but when I get myself back on track, I plan to join the PC master race. How about you guys? Which of you are gamers, and what system do you play? Also, what are some of your favorite game?

My favorite games include Super Metroid, Final Fantasy 6 and Skyrim, among many others.
Admin
View user profilehttps://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

Re: Which of you guys are gamers?

on Sun 1 May - 21:36
I love old retro 2D games. My all time favourite has got to be The Great Gianna Sisters by Rainbow Arts... it was a rip off of the original Super Mario Bros for the first few levels then it came into it's own... if you play level one of each you will see what I mean.

Other favourites (including modern) include: Mario Galaxy (and 2), Mario Sunshine, Mario Kart, Sonic Adventures 2 Battle, Sonic Colours, The Legends of Zelda and the Ocarina of Time, Zool (and 2), Lemmings, Atomic RoboKid, The Hellrun Machine, Tetris, Bejeweled 2 (and 3), Bubble Witch Saga, Asteroids,
View user profile

on Mon 2 May - 13:36
I love games and will play just about anything. I mostly play call of duty with my son but have found a game that if both fascinating and fun on Android and apple called wartune hall of heroes. This is where I've met my soul friend Cristina. She had been an inspiration to me on do many different levels. I would say that game takes up 90% of my day but you would never know since I work 7 days a week. Other fun games are Skyrim of course and the one super nes games. Also pull out the original pong game from what seems like centuries ago lol.
Admin
View user profile

on Fri 19 Aug - 5:07
I can't believe another person who's played Atomic RoboKid!
seriously the later levels are a bullet hell.
the games I've enjoyed most are PC ones (that Interplay/Troika/Black Isle bunch, if you know the ones), though there are plenty of other good memories too (a lot of the old sonic games). My sis used to do a lot of first-person shooters, though not so much these days.
There was this on-the-rails space fighter we used to play together; the controls were a bit wonky so I would operate half the keyboard and she'd operate the other half. It was called Novastorm.
*cough* sorry for resurrecting an old thread... hadn't opened it before and the Atomic RoboKid reference brought back some good nostalgia ^_^
Admin

on Fri 19 Aug - 11:45
Nothing wrong with nostalgia Smile Xenon 2 was another good old game, and Battle Squadron.
Admin
View user profile

on Sat 20 Aug - 4:46
they don't sound familiar, I'll look them up!
View user profile

on Sat 5 Nov - 23:12
I was a gamer almost from the time i could read or write Razz. First console I played was the atari 2600, very fond memories of this hehe. I play many types of games, both retro and new, some of my favorites are Diablo 2 and 3, Starcraft 1 and 2, Baldur's Gate 1 and 2(was really pissed I couldn't romance Imoen there Razz), Planescape Torment, Icewind Dale, Fallout 1,2 and New Vegas, Vampire the Masquarade: Bloodlines, Xcom(both the old ones and the remakes) , Elder Scrolls(mainly Morrowind and Skyrim, I kinda hated oblivion) Dark Souls 1 and 3, Pillars of Eternity, Divinity: Original Sin, whatever Mario and Donkey Kong is in 2d and well many others Razz
Admin
View user profile

on Sun 20 Nov - 23:22
Wow that's quite a bunch Caine! I do recognize a lot of them though haven't had time to play them all D:
If you had to single out only one or two as your favorite, would you be able to?
View user profile

on Sat 26 Nov - 2:44
Hmmmmmm, it is very hard to choose, but I'd probably go with Baldur's Gate 2 and Fallout 2 or New Vegas (I just cannot decide between those two). I guess I really like RPGs Razz Especially from that period in time when the gaming industry was not yet so big, so developers could actually create a game as a labor of love, without whole hordes of marketing asshats etc breathing down their necks. Razz Thankfully there is a emergence on indie and semi indie developing now and there are some contemporary games that are not polluted by the marketing centered huge industry Smile
Admin
View user profile

on Sat 26 Nov - 3:05
Oh RPGs are quite fun! it was a different time period, yeh. The tools and computing power are much more easily available now at least, that certainly helps with independent developers.
Have you ever considered like, if you were to make a game, what would it be like?
View user profile

on Mon 28 Nov - 15:12
Well, if I had the resources to make a game (and some programmers, since the programming knowledge I got from my studies in university is in no way enough for that), I'd probably like to make a story heavy RPG (huge surprise there, considering the games I listed as my favorite Razz ) , that would however have really deep combat. Probably set in a post apocalypse setting, hehe. Plus I'd like the writers from fallout 1,2 and new vegas to write the story and characters Razz. In short I guess the game would be a cross between fallout and a more mechanically robust in combat game like divinity:original sin. Preferably with the coop mechanics divinity has where your partner can even disagree with you while you are talking with an npc, resulting in both of you talking to him and with each other, each trying to have his way. I promise, that mechanic is way more fun in practice than what it sounds!
Admin
View user profile

on Mon 28 Nov - 22:22
There is something fascinating about post-apocalyptic settings... it might be the freedom to be truly on your own as well as the potential to rebuild the world better than it was before. They can be kind of grim but that is how it is sometimes!
Divinity... it doesn't sound familiar, I'll give it a looksie sometime; the cooperation mechanic doesn't sound so bad
story-heavy games are quite nice... it's neat to think about but you're definitely right when it comes to the programming. A real headache!
Admin

on Mon 28 Nov - 22:28
Games which make you use your brain are good I think. I liked Zelda: Ocarina of Time on the N64, one of the best RPGs I ever played to be honest. You do get to see what happens to Hyrule when Ganondorf takes over, but since you use the master sword to go back and forth through time you do get to avert the disaster. The whole game is a temporal paradox at the end.
View user profile

on Thu 8 Dec - 4:14
Oh my God! I love ocarina of time as well! I had a ps1 at that time, so I didn't have the game myself, but a close friend of mine had it and I almost watched him beat the entire game! Great game. Most of the legend of zeldas are!
View user profile

on Sun 30 Jul - 2:22
Mario Kart and Sonic Adventures 2 Battle are some of my favorites as well! I played a lot of Mario and Sonic while growing up, and Super Mario 64 was one of my favorites as well. And I also played a lot of Starcraft 1 in highschool, and played some Starcraft 2 when it came out. I was really into watching eSports and loved watching Starcraft tournaments. Some other favorites of mine are Half Life 2, Team Fortress 2, and Portal 1 & 2. I haven't played as much games in recent years though lately I've been playing Lone Echo and Echo Arena on my Oculus Rift virtual reality headset. Lone Echo is a single player game where you play as a robot helping an astronaut mine asteroids off the rings of Saturn, and Echo Arena is a free multi-player game that is like player Ultimate Frisbee or Quidditch (from Harry Potter) in zero-gravity, and it's a lot of fun! Its an intense fast paced game and good teamwork makes all the difference. Though putting a headset over your eyes and then chasing down a flying disk in virtual reality isn't the safest thing. Last night I almost punched a hole in my wall, haha.
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum