Kindred Spirits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
J.S. Money
J.S. Money

Introducing myself Empty Introducing myself

Thu 20 Jul 2017 - 20:32
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Hi, I'm J.S.. I'm 30 years old. I live in the U.S. state of Texas. I'd like to be an ally to this community even though your issues are not really personal to me; I have never had a relationship with a relative, and if I know someone who has, I'm not aware of their relationship.

I came here because I have become very frustrated with the hostile reactions that I witness toward incest whenever I have a conversation so much as touching on the topic (which is rare). That otherwise seemingly reasonable people feel that it's totally fine to express such animus indicates to me that something is way wrong in our society. I'd like to help fix it.

So for a start, I am here, and like all of you, I can't be the only one. There must be even more potential allies out there who realize what nonsense our cultural attitudes are regarding incest and consanguinamory. And some of you must be here already. Does anyone have an idea how many of your members are allies?
OtherHans

Introducing myself Empty Re: Introducing myself

Thu 20 Jul 2017 - 20:43
The people you are dealing with probably associate incest with child molestation.
sleepingrain
sleepingrain
Admin
Admin

Fri 21 Jul 2017 - 3:22
thank you, for your open-mindedness & sensibility! I'm not sure how many members here are allies, perhaps we could make a poll?
and you're right, there's definitely others who'd support us if they knew more, or if talking about things wasn't so tricky. All the misinformation hasn't done us any favours either.
Also, you're clear for the rest of the forums JS, I hope to see you around!
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
Admin
Admin
https://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

Fri 21 Jul 2017 - 15:55
Welcome to our community Smile We have a few allies around here, although the majority of us here either are involved or have been at some point. I agree with Hans that a lot of the prejudice you're hearing is from people who think that incest means child molestation, but I also think that part of it is down to the discredited mutant babies argument and the fear that incest somehow undermines the family unit. There is a lot of prejudice to overcome, but I think in time this can and will be done, in the meantime I want to ensure that all consang people and their allies can find their way into our community and find some peace and validation. Thank you for your support btw, it means a lot to many of us here to know that there are regulars who support us Smile
FullMarriageEquality
FullMarriageEquality
Admin
Admin
http://marriage-equality.blogspot.com

Sun 23 Jul 2017 - 8:52
Just yesterday one on my contacts who is in a reunion situation said her lover, who had struggled, took his own life. People have no idea what their harsh response can do.

So thanks for being an ally. Welcome!
J.S. Money
J.S. Money

Sun 23 Jul 2017 - 10:08
Thank you all for the welcomes!

FullMarriageEquality wrote:Just yesterday one on my contacts who is in a reunion situation said her lover, who had struggled, took his own life. People have no idea what their harsh response can do.

That's truly heartbreaking! Even if there were additional issues behind it, greater acceptance could have possibly made all the difference for him. Thank you for sharing. It really underscores the need for this community, even though I don't see its purpose as being to save lives, per se. Until such a time as we've brought about our own irrelevance by helping to create a world where consang relationships are fully accepted I love you, I hope this site has helped and will continue to help many people manage the pain, anguish, and self-doubt, etc. brought on by society's disapproval of their relationship(s), whether or not they might have taken drastic actions such as ending their own life or breaking off a wonderful relationship. I am truly grateful for this place to express my support. Very Happy
blackroseheart

Sun 23 Jul 2017 - 10:29
J.S. Money, I sent you a message, if you didn't notice... It should be on the top of the screen where it shows your mail box thingy.

Mon 24 Jul 2017 - 5:24
FullMarriageEquality wrote:FullMarriageEquality wrote:
Just yesterday one on my contacts who is in a reunion situation said her lover, who had struggled, took his own life. People have no idea what their harsh response can do.
so sorry .

i was so close.

its a miracle everybody in my story is alive and well.
people do not realise where cruelty can lead someone.

Mon 24 Jul 2017 - 5:26
J.S.Money wellcome .
you show us all the ingredients of a good ally.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum