View previous topicGo downView next topic
View user profile

Any other Quakers out there?

on Mon 30 Oct - 23:14
I recently outed myself on this forum as a Quaker, and I'm wondering if there are any other Quakers here in Kindred Spirits? I would think that consanguinamorous couples and polycules would find acceptance and support among Quakers, since Quakers (unprogrammed Quakers anyway) don't subscribe to a moral code of sexual behaviour, other than treating a partner with love, respect and honesty. Quakers have been challenging unjust laws since the 1600's. And Quakers have had a longstanding concern for the sexually marginalized: an influential Quaker publication advocated acceptance of gays and lesbians back in the early 1960's, at a time when all the other churches and religious groups (so far as I am aware) in Europe and North America viewed homosexual activity as an unquestionable sin.
Admin
View user profile

Re: Any other Quakers out there?

on Tue 31 Oct - 0:42
Not myself a Quaker, but it's interesting that you are! if you don't mind, I wouldn't mind hearing more about it, from you or whoever.
View user profile

on Tue 31 Oct - 1:46
Did you have any specific questions, Sleepingrain? General background information on Quakerism can be found at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quakers, or you can watch this twelve-minute video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZT-NviFUH8.
Admin
View user profile

on Tue 31 Oct - 20:58
More of what your personal experience has been like, though I don't mind links.
View user profile

on Wed 1 Nov - 20:29
I'll respond privately.
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum