Go down
View user profile

The fine art of romance

on Thu 11 Jan - 11:51
Hi, all,

This question came out of some discussions in the Consang Fiction Forum, but it isn’t specific to consanguinamory.

I wonder how many boys get educated in the fine art of romance growing up? Not sex, but romance. How to take care of a woman, make her feel special and loved and cared-for, during a courtship and afterward. How to convince her that you’re good husband material, and how to be a good husband afterward.

It’s not something the schools teach, certainly, and not something that can usually be picked up from a peer crowd one’s own age. It has to be passed down, from a parent or an older relative or friend.

The World Would Be A Better Place, IMHO, if more boys learned this stuff growing up, rather than floundering around when the hormones come on-line.

Your thoughts?

Best,
UN
View user profile

Re: The fine art of romance

on Thu 11 Jan - 16:35
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
I think it is usually taught by observing one's father. However, in today's families there often is no male role model to learn from. My dad was gone early, fortuneatley my step dad was a gentleman with my mother and I think it rubbed off on me. Maybe that's why mom and I are so intimately in love today.
Admin
Admin
View user profilehttps://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

on Thu 11 Jan - 23:29
You're right that's not taught in schools. School only teaches sex-ed in the context of protecting yourself against unwanted pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections. It's kind of sad how the education system never teaches the basics at least and sticks to the purely biological side of things.
View user profile

on Fri 12 Jan - 7:08
when was it ever taught in school? never! it came from society as a whole via expectations. sex-ed was also never taught until the threat of STDs and unplanned pregnancies...until it became a necessity for public health.
View user profile

on Fri 12 Jan - 14:55
Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)
it comes from the home. we were raised by parents who showed that your partner should be:
a) your best friend and confidant.
b) someone that you do little acts of love to show that they are appreciated.
c) an equal in the relationship with their voice, opinion, and decision making.
d) someone you support even if you don't agree with them.

it is this treatment towards each other that has kept us together all of these years.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum