Go down
View user profile

Join the battle to end warrantless spying and defend the Fourth Amendment!

on Wed 17 Jan - 6:15
Message reputation : 50% (2 votes)
View user profile

Re: Join the battle to end warrantless spying and defend the Fourth Amendment!

on Wed 17 Jan - 22:17
I didn't understand why that post was downvoted... so I gave you an upvote. I'm a bit lazy to go looking at that info right now but we all have the right to privacy as long as people are not hurting someone.
View user profile

on Wed 17 Jan - 22:24
Hear hear! I live outside the US, but we have our own surveillance agencies here to contend with. People everywhere should realize that privacy vs. security is a false dichotomy. These surveillance powers are not about foiling terrorism or catching criminals (if it were, the patent incompetence of these agencies is reason enough to discredit them). These powers are about monitoring and ultimately neutralizing domestic dissent, period.
Admin
Admin
View user profilehttps://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

on Thu 18 Jan - 0:24
It's just as bad this side of the atlantic, it seems to be a worldwide phenomenon now that governments completely disregards citizens inherent right to privacy. SOME types of surveillance is okay (like for example, you'd expect a shop to have a security camera to catch thieves, I have no issue with that kind of surveillence because its a necessary deterrant done by a private company), but when its the government doing the surveillence it has the potential to be abused. Over here, phone calls are immediately tapped by government spies if certain key words are spoken, like if you say the word 'bomb' the chances are your phone call will be immediately monitored. Add to that, social media and google searches are heavily monitored, which is just plain wrong. All this data is stored in massive archives and can be retreived up to ten years after it was filed away. Also, they file information about peoples shopping habits, who spent what where and on what. Sure, some of this data is probably used for marketing purposes, but why does the government have access to this information?

Bottom Line: Be careful about social media use, don't say important things on the phone when you can say them in person, don't use google (use duckduckgo instead), use TOR when possible, and make withdrawls from your bank using the ATM account and pay in cash.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum