Go down
Admin
Admin
View user profile

Idealism & Practicality

on Tue 20 Feb - 16:17
My sis & I were talking again last night, and we talked about this briefly. I'm not as practical as she is. She's not as idealistic.
And today in another thread, Willendorfer mentioned how he'd like the world to be, and it was described as 'pure fantasy' - which is a practical response, I think.
Idealism (at least to me) sometimes has negative connotations. Like, naive or hopelessly optimistic. I do my best keeping grounded, but I don't lose sight of my dreams. 'What Is' and 'What Could Be' are two separate places. If we don't know where both are, we won't easily build our path between them. So that's my point of view. What do you think? what are your thoughts?
View user profile

Re: Idealism & Practicality

on Tue 20 Feb - 16:36
An idealist needs to also be a practical person in order to know whether an ideal is possible and ultimately desirable, and how to advance from the present situation toward that ideal.

Best,
UN

View user profile

on Tue 20 Feb - 18:23
I am a Star Trek fan so part of me wants to look at the Ideal of the federation and I think that's a good vision of the future. I'm also a cynic and have very little faith we will ever get there. I would like us to but I don't believe we will. Things seem to be getting worse not better.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum