Go down
View user profile

Outgoing PMs sometimes getting wedged

on Wed 21 Feb - 16:32
Hi, all,

For some reason, my outgoing PMs are sometimes getting wedged. I have sent PMs to recipients who were on line and who I know would pick them up if they could see them, but they aren't getting picked up.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Best,
UN

View user profile

Re: Outgoing PMs sometimes getting wedged

on Wed 21 Feb - 16:45
Maybe....I sent a couple of PM's and they haven't been returned. Maybe the website....maybe just not responding.
View user profile

on Wed 21 Feb - 16:56
chrisandsteph wrote:Maybe....I sent a couple of PM's and they haven't been returned. Maybe the website....maybe just not responding.

The symptom is that they remain in my Outbox even though I know the recipient has been online several times. I think they get moved to the Sentbox when the recipient picks them up, but this doesn't happen.

Best,
UN

Admin
View user profile

on Wed 21 Feb - 19:08
They're moved to sentbox when they're opened, no? maybe your recipients aren't opening them right away.
If they don't ever move, I don't know what that would mean. I think there's a block feature? but if you were blocked you wouldn't be having any correspondence, it sounds like you still have some.
View user profile

on Wed 21 Feb - 23:07
I don’t really know when they’re moved to Sentbox. I thought as soon as the recipient looked at the Inbox.

Someone would have to have both ends of a PM exchange to find out.

Some are going out, just not all. I’ve tried deleting all outgoing PMs and sending one for a test. We’ll see how that goes.

Best,
UN

Admin
View user profilehttps://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

on Wed 21 Feb - 23:13
PMs are moved into the sentbox as soon as they've been read. So if you see them in your outbox, it just means that the other person hasn't read them yet. Some people may be less meticulous about checking their inboxes, or may not log in as frequently as you'd assumed. We may be on here every day, but a lot of users aren't (some only log in occasionally), so it's worth bearing that in mind Smile
View user profile

on Wed 21 Feb - 23:41
I can see in the memberlist whether they’ve logged in after I’d sent the mail. So no assumptions there.

However, if the mail doesn’t get moved to Sentbox until they’ve read it, that could be the culprit.

Best,
UN

Admin
View user profilehttps://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

on Wed 21 Feb - 23:51
Yes, in that case they've logged in and checked the forum, but haven't read their PMs.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum