Go down
View user profile

Databases and social studies?

on Sun 4 Mar - 20:01
Hi friends!

I was wondering if anyone might know of some research platforms and/or studies that focus on Consang relationships? I know any study or research may be limited, but I'm specifically looking for any supporting studies/research that supports our lifestyle. For example, "A recent Harvard University study says that 8 out of 10 people experience a Consang relationship in their lifetimes."

Just curious, thank you!

- Kirok
View user profile

Re: Databases and social studies?

on Sun 4 Mar - 22:18
Really, really hard to get data. The data for the genetic counseling studies is very thin, and the researchers admit it.

A quick Google gets this about cousin marriages: How Many Americans Are Married to their Cousins? (Link)

And this: How common is consensual incest in the US? (Yahoo Answers link) A reasonable-looking extrapolation puts the rate at about 2%.

Best,
UN

Last edited by Unowen17 on Mon 5 Mar - 3:12; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Corrected percentage)

Admin
View user profile

on Sun 4 Mar - 22:29
Sorry, but nothing comes to mind.
You could maybe email FinalManifesto? he has a lot of resources. Though I'm not sure how often he checks his inbox, so if it's urgent you shouldn't wait.
Let us know if you find anything, okay Kirok? we need more studies.
Admin
Admin
View user profilehttps://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

on Sun 4 Mar - 23:13
Most researchers don't touch this stuff, it's taboo for them to even study it... sad but true.
View user profile

on Mon 5 Mar - 1:01
Wow! Very enlightening replies, thank you so much!

Admin
Admin
View user profilehttp://marriage-equality.blogspot.com

on Mon 5 Mar - 3:49
I recall at least one university class dealing with it in literature. There are a few scattered academics who have studied things a bit. I'd like to see a well-rounded research program at a university where there isn't criminalization.

View user profile

on Mon 5 Mar - 9:12
FullMarriageEquality wrote:I recall at least one university class dealing with it in literature. There are a few scattered academics who have studied things a bit. I'd like to see a well-rounded research program at a university where there isn't criminalization.

I found these on Keith's blog:

University Course to Discuss Consanguinamory (link)
Tale as Old as Time (link)
Are Genetic Studies Revealing that Consanguinamory is Common? (link)
Looking Good in Those Genes (link)

Any others?

There's no law anywhere against studying consanguinamory. It's just not a subject that's likely to get that all-important grant money. I haven't looked into it closely, but I have a feeling that most of the university research on incest centers on rape.

But a clever academic might be able to parlay some grants toward consanguinamory. By contrasting it with nonconsensual incest, for example. Or by doing a study on siblings.

Best,
UN

View user profile

on Mon 5 Mar - 13:59
Maybe the Kinsey Institute?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum