Go down
View user profile

in literature

on Wed 21 Mar - 5:02
i dont know if there has been a thread for this.  if so, mods, feel free to delete this and point me in the right direction.  

anyway, i figured it might be a good idea to compile a list of books that portray incest as acceptable between consenting adults.  one that comes to mind is many of the books by Robert A Heinlein.  he wrote several books based around the "howard families" and one man in particular, a man named Lazarus long.  well, that was one of his names anyway...  

the basic idea was that someone started what essentially was a breeding program, the howard foundation, to try and breed longevity into humans.  well, one of the products of that was a man who ended up living for a couple thousand years, and seemingly had no end to his life span.  along the way, he has several incestuous relationships with several family members.  i wont spoil it more than that for you, but will go on to say that heinlein basically proposes that when the issue of recessive genetic mutations is taken care of, there really should be no moral obligation to consensual adult incest.  he is also famous for writing starship troopers.  if you have seen the movie, understand that it was nothing like the book.  i enjoyed it because he seemed to capture the mentality of the infantry pretty well, but most people would probably find it boring.  

so, "Time Enough For Love" is the first one ill put on the list.
View user profile

Re: in literature

on Wed 21 Mar - 6:49
Hi, Olek,

I won’t yank the post if it covers old ground. First off, it’s still within forum policy. Second off, I don’t think it does cover old ground.

I looked on the blogs and found a couple of starts at a bibliography, but nothing that had progressed very far.

Wikipedia has this: Incest in literature (link). It’s about the most complete that I found in a short search.

Time Enough for Love. Sigh. I won’t spoil it by describing how the main character gets his most heartfelt, and most secret, desire after a life of four thousand years. I’ll have to read the sequel, To Sail Beyond the Sunset. Soon.

Best,
UN

View user profile

on Wed 21 Mar - 7:07
i have read "to sail beyond the sunset", which is also pretty good. the one i have been having trouble finding is a copy of "the cat who walks through walls". ill probably end up ordering a physical copy. i cant seem to find it in a digital copy.
Admin
Admin
View user profilehttp://marriage-equality.blogspot.com

on Wed 21 Mar - 13:22
_Love's Forbidden Flower_
_Time's Forbidden Flower_
By Diane Rinella

It's why some people here have a Lily symbol as their profile pic.

View user profile

on Wed 21 Mar - 16:08
Hey, Consang,

All those Amazon links have session IDs that point right back to you and could be used to ID you and anyone who clicks on them. Just saying. To eliminate them, strip the "/ref_id=" and everything past it.

Best,
UN

View user profile

on Wed 21 Mar - 18:40
Then just delete my comment because I don't see the trash icon to delete it.
View user profile

on Wed 21 Mar - 18:40
Hi, Consang,

Comment deleted per your request.

Best,
UN

View user profile

on Wed 21 Mar - 18:50
Thanks.
Sponsored content