Kindred Spirits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Andrew1

Hello from central New York Empty Hello from central New York

Thu 1 Aug 2019 - 21:34
Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)
I’m Andrew. 31 from NY. My mom (62) and I are in a relationship. We live together, have separate rooms but sleep together most nights. I wouldn’t identify us as a “married” couple yet but definitely we are in love. We’ve been together since September 2018

Last edited by Andrew1 on Fri 24 Apr 2020 - 5:15; edited 1 time in total
Unowen17
Unowen17
Admin
Admin

Hello from central New York Empty Re: Hello from central New York

Thu 1 Aug 2019 - 22:00
Hello, Andrew, and congratulations on your love with your mother. I’ve upgraded you for full access. We have a few moms and sons here, and I hope you’ll make friends with some of them. Enjoy your time here!

Also, we have a consang marriage registry, recognized by absolutely no one but ourselves. If you’d like, you can tie the knot in there. Smile

Best,
UN

Admin
Admin
http://marriage-equality.blogspot.com

Thu 1 Aug 2019 - 22:45
Welcome aboard and congrats on your love!

Fri 2 Aug 2019 - 0:29
Welcome.
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
Admin
Admin
https://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

Sat 3 Aug 2019 - 23:31
Welcome aboard. Lots of people have had relationships they've broke off because of who they really want to be witb so you're far from alone. Congrats for you and your mum. You'll find others here in similar situations
Quesera
Quesera
Star Member
Star Member
http://ciaotannia.forumactif.com/

Sun 4 Aug 2019 - 3:47
Message reputation : 0% (1 vote)
Hi Andrew1, Welcome! I hope you will find your experience at Kindred Spirits interesting and useful.

Mums. The ones who love us the most, if not the only ones who really love us. They are real treasures. I wish you both all the best of life, love, and happiness!

If you are interested in getting involved in KS, we are having a little discussion (meeting) over on the Activist Forum that all members are welcome to join. It is a bit slow at the moment because of the weekend, I expect and everyone has other things to do, but I hope it will pick up during the week.

Others have grown this group of people to the number that it now is, around 700 I was told, so it is still quite small. (for example, one needs 500 or so just to register a political party in NSW).

The big issue, it seems to me, is whether or not we adopt a more formal structure ( or be ready to create on if some emergency arises where we need one) which can present a united 'face' to the outside world or to remain completely anonymous amorphous and an underground pseudo-organization with a membership, but no organs of decision making or control systems. Well, it is probably more complicated than that, but that is essentially what our present meeting is about. I am trying to 'kick start' a more 'solid' structure by having several 'officials' elected into formal positions, in which they already, to some degree, perform the roles for. However, I do understand that most of them probably feel overburdened with family, work and other KS responsibilities already and don't need any more obligations foisted on them and probably don't appreciate me trying to super-impose more responsibility on them, when they would likely prefer to work behind the scenes getting on with the actual work of running the KS show, but not actually being liable to be held to account for much of anything like progress or lack of progress in attaining basic human rights for CIAO /consang people. (I don't blame them for that. Most people are like that. it feels safer not to be the one/s in charge. It may seem that it is safer to be a back seat driver, but what if the driver is asleep at the wheel? Again, to me, it seems a bit analogous to the outside world (macro) politics, where say, the leader of North Korea goes around in a western suit to meet western leaders. In modern politics, one needs to dress, act and talk in a certain way to be listened to at all, otherwise one just gets ignored as being uncultured, uncouth and a barbarian. Well, everyone has their own world views, and the macro and micro worlds of politics may be in a transition point where things seem completely chaotic so there may indeed be nothing we can do to create any order or sense out of anything.
But anyway if you do join our little meeting it would be very nice of you, I think, and much appreciated if you second one or more of those nominated for the vacant positions. Perhaps if none of those positions are filled and there is a call for new nominations, you might like to nominate someone else, even yourself. I think for now, those people nominated need some formal recognition as leaders, for the work they have already done, some reward for their hard labours, and they are a bit too modest and humble to self-nominate or self-second themselves. KP ( FullmarriageEquality) and Jane ( Kindred Spirits) and UnOwen really have made this organization (there are some other very good websites and their owners will have to be given their fair credit for their contributions, in due course). Ironically, though I am a bit to the 'left', as Monseigneur UnOwen suggests, (he and I are close buddies, probably related as cousins to xi-th degree, so naturally antagonistic) I still feel in my heart of hearts that KS is a bit like a supra-state, and a kingdom where JD and KP are like king and queen, and UnOwen is a prince of the realm. They deserve our full support and admiration. But words are cheap. The work goes on, unpaid, and our unsung heroes may think they are doing it all out of love, not for social recognition. Some politicians really are narcissists with a martyr complex. They might achieve big changes, but they can do a lot of damage if they get things wrong.
Welcome aboard!

Rick Fortune
Star Member
Star Member

Sun 4 Aug 2019 - 19:04
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Greetings Andrew! Mom and I are a couple as you and your mother are. Isn't it wonderful?! I too started a relationship late in life with mom, after a divorce. Had another woman in my life, till she started putting conditions and requirements on me. Even my mom doesn't do that to me. Enjoy a wonderful life.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum