Kindred Spirits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Doug

Introduction--strong ally Empty Introduction--strong ally

Wed 7 Aug 2019 - 13:38
Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)
Hi, I'm well over age 18, and I'm a strong ally of consang relationships.  I've been an occasional participant on Keith's Full Marriage Equality blog over the last few years.  Keith recently suggested that I contact Kindred Spirits as well to offer my support and approvals.

While I am a strong ally, my experiences with consang relationships have been sparse.  I had a very short fling with a cousin when we were adolescents.  I ran into a brother-sister couple (who were in their 20s) much later.  They were much in love and delightful.  I am sorry that we eventually lost touch.

I am a retired US attorney, and I have had some early family law experience.  I may be able to help shed some occasional legal light on problems that US consang relationships may be experiencing.

Doug
Quesera
Quesera
Star Member
Star Member
http://ciaotannia.forumactif.com/

Introduction--strong ally Empty Welcome

Wed 7 Aug 2019 - 15:15
Welcome aboard Doug! Your legal knowledge and experience could be very helpful to the group. Thanks for coming here. Best!
Unowen17
Unowen17
Admin
Admin

Introduction--strong ally Empty Re: Introduction--strong ally

Wed 7 Aug 2019 - 15:32
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Hi, Doug! Welcome to Kindred Spirits, and thank you for being our ally. I’ve upgraded your account for full access to our members-only forums.

As Abe mentioned, we have a real need for professionals who are on our side. Counselors, lawyers, doctors. We also have a French law professor (Johann) on the forum who’s writing some opinions to guide European lawmaking toward overturning some of the national laws against consanguinamory. Consensual relationships between adults are not only victimless crimes, they shouldn’t be crimes at all. (However, KS is and will remain strongly opposed to pedophilia and grooming and other nonconsensual acts of sexual violence.)

Enjoy your time here, and I hope we’ll get to hear more about you.

Best,
UN

Wed 7 Aug 2019 - 20:51
Welcome aboard Doug, we're always happy to have allies.
FullMarriageEquality
FullMarriageEquality
Admin
Admin
http://marriage-equality.blogspot.com

Thu 8 Aug 2019 - 2:51
Welcome! Glad you made it here.

Admin
Admin

Thu 8 Aug 2019 - 9:03
AbeSarah’s “committee” post split as irrelevant to Doug’s intro and merged with the main thread.

UN

Sun 11 Aug 2019 - 13:07
Welcome Doug!
Doug

Sun 11 Aug 2019 - 18:03
Thanks for all the welcomes. I look forward to contributing to KS and being as supportive as possible.

Doug
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
Admin
Admin
https://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

Tue 13 Aug 2019 - 0:10
Doug, welcome aboard. We're always very appreciative of allies here and we're glad to have you Smile
mysecretlove
mysecretlove

Tue 3 Sep 2019 - 16:31
You are most wellcome.
I will be following you to get hold of any crumbs of legal knowledge you choose to give us.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum