Kindred Spirits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
PA-28-235
PA-28-235

sister - Introduction: a brother (56) and his sister (54) Empty Introduction: a brother (56) and his sister (54)

Thu 25 Feb 2021 - 23:45
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
I'm Billy. I read about this forum at FME's blog. I hope this story isn't seen as being too cryptic, sad, or long.

Cryptic because, we tend to be asked to leave places. We behave, but others get put off by the fact that we feel no shame or remorse for anything we have done together. It is only when we tried to be "normal" that things fell apart for us.

We were each other's first romantic connection, but then we tried to be "normal." We tried to be like other people and it all went to ****. She got married, and had a couple of kids, but it didn't last. (I hereby nominate my ex-brother-in-law for dumb*** of the century.)

I had a live-in relationship with someone for years. When my relationship ended my sister, nephew and niece moved in. We said it made economic sense, it did, and it made emotional sense too. Then the "kids" went off to college, and we are still together. We always will be.

We've never engaged in, been a part of, or condoned abuse of anyone in any way. We understand that here on this site the simple way to interpret the rules are: "Gosh, that was a long time ago, we don't recall anything at all happening before we were both 18." I will be happy to write more -- I write, but Betty looks at everything before I hit the send key -- once I get a feel for the "ground rules" here.

Having to hide isn't that hard, but it has a cost. Our goal joining is to find someplace we can write about us without hiding our relationship or having someone use it against us. A place we can interact with others who are in similar situations without having people display their ignorance and fear.

Billy and Betty

FullMarriageEquality, Unowen17, Cyberdolphnow, guyinmn and Blaze42200 like this post

Unowen17
Unowen17
Admin
Admin

sister - Introduction: a brother (56) and his sister (54) Empty Re: Introduction: a brother (56) and his sister (54)

Fri 26 Feb 2021 - 1:19
Hi, Billy and Betty, welcome to Kindred Spirits. I’ve upgraded your membership.

You don’t have to have shame or remorse for loving each other. And no one is going to throw you out of KS for that. I hope you enjoy it here and make lots of friends.

Stay safe,
UN

sister - Introduction: a brother (56) and his sister (54) Empty Re: Introduction: a brother (56) and his sister (54)

Fri 26 Feb 2021 - 2:09
Thank you for the welcome.

Billy and Betty

Unowen17 likes this post

FullMarriageEquality
FullMarriageEquality
Admin
Admin
http://marriage-equality.blogspot.com

Fri 26 Feb 2021 - 3:11
Welcome aboard!

Tue 4 Oct 2022 - 17:58
Welcome
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum