Kindred Spirits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
AbeSarah
AbeSarah
Star Member
Star Member
http://droitslesciao.forumactif.com/

Are you happy with the incest law in  your state staying as it is? Empty Are you happy with the incest law in your state staying as it is?

Thu 12 Aug 2021 - 11:42
Since the last KS poll on this subject. the membership has doubled. If you are happy with the incest laws in a particular state staying unchanged, please let us know. If there are many people who feel the same way and want the laws changed there, we can divert our attention away from that state and focus on other states where KS members do want the incest laws to be changed.
DJung
DJung

Are you happy with the incest law in  your state staying as it is? Empty Re: Are you happy with the incest law in your state staying as it is?

Thu 12 Aug 2021 - 12:02
I absolutely think they should be changed. I’m from California. I feel the only reason there are laws at all is due to the dangers of reproductive problems. While that is a legitimate concern, I don’t think prison time and being placed on the sex offender registry is really the right answer.

The law changing to decriminalize consanguineous relationships would be enough. I’m not even asking for acceptance. Some people will never get over how they feel about that situation, and that’s fine. I do think decriminalization would be great though.

That’s just for me though. If the laws change, I don’t think it will affect my personal situation very much, as neither my sister nor I are going to abandon our families and kids. Lol
Unowen17
Unowen17
Admin
Admin

Are you happy with the incest law in  your state staying as it is? Empty Re: Are you happy with the incest law in your state staying as it is?

Thu 12 Aug 2021 - 13:07
Many members are hesitant to say where they’re living, for good reasons.

Stay safe,
UN

Admin
Admin
http://marriage-equality.blogspot.com

Thu 12 Aug 2021 - 14:40
Every state in the US should have no restrictions on sex or marriage beyond consent (which includes being old enough to). There are a few exceptions that mostly have to do with certain professions, mostly state employees, & people under their charge.

Wed 5 Jan 2022 - 6:31
Definitely not happy with the laws re: incest as they presently are structured. The sentences involved are way, way too severe. Laws against sexual assault and sex with minors adequately cover "non-consensual" incest. Consensual incest should definitely NOT be a felony or a state jail misdemeanor.

Rick Fortune and Unowen17 like this post

hiddenromance

Wed 5 Jan 2022 - 6:33
Edit to above post: I'm referring to ADULT, CONSENSUAL incest, just to be more precise. No kids, period.
Unowen17
Unowen17
Admin
Admin

Wed 5 Jan 2022 - 11:15
FullMarriageEquality wrote:Every state in the US should have no restrictions on sex or marriage beyond consent (which includes being old enough to). There are a few exceptions that mostly have to do with certain professions, mostly state employees, & people under their charge.

Consent and the ability to meaningfully give or withhold consent. What I call “functional adulthood.” Being able to predict the likely consequences of consenting, and owning those consequences, whatever they are.

It’s tough to codify functional consent as law, so governments just paper it over with the concept of “age of consent,” at which people are presumed to be functionally adults.

Stay safe,
UN

Rick Fortune likes this post

Ibis.Noctua

Sat 8 Jan 2022 - 7:44
I'm not currently in an consang relationship, but if I were, I would not be concerned about the laws here, because in Brazil it is not a crime. You just can't get married.
I would like the law to change in that regard someday, the sooner the better. But I don't see that happening anytime soon. Our government is too busy spreading antivax ideology in a country that (albeit is plenty of problems) has the biggest and most effective national vaccination system in the world and whose people never had such i"deas" before (sorry for venting out).

As I said, I would like consang marriage to be allowed here as well because I understand the importance of it, but, to be honest, before people is not ready to swallow that down here, I would prefer to live together as consangs in the hidden.
It makes it feel more romantic and sort of would prevent the relationship from falling into routine and boredom because of the constant thrill (I guess).

Anyways, if I said to much, just let me know and I will gladly edit it. Smile

FullMarriageEquality, AbeSarah and Unowen17 like this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum