Kindred Spirits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
Admin
Admin
https://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

SEXUAL - Sexual posts Empty Sexual posts

Tue 31 Jan 2017 - 23:47
Okay, I've had complaint from a user who has noticed that in some threads where the original post was completely non-sexual in nature, that some replies have been about sex. While I don't ban people from discussing sex, it should be relevant to the original post and the kind of advice or comment that is sought by the original poster. Thus if the original poster is asking a question about sex, then of course it's appropriate that the answer will be about sex. However if the original poster is discussing a non-sexual relationship issue, then it is this issue which should be addressed in the replies. I'm not being nitpicky here I am thinking about the comfort of all those who use this forum on a regular basis. This forum is special, it's a world apart from the rest because it's the ONLY forum out there without people constantly talking about the sexual aspect of our relationships. It will only remain that way if we apply common sense in our replies to each other. I am going to be keeping an eye on things to ensure that the spirit and ethos of this website are adhered to in a way that ensures that we remain THE place for consangs to hang out and chill out.

SecretiveAngel likes this post

Zenzitiff
Zenzitiff

SEXUAL - Sexual posts Empty [color=#0000ff]:D WAY TO GO JANE! :D [/color]

Wed 1 Feb 2017 - 5:40
Very Happy  WAY TO GO JANE! Very Happy
FullMarriageEquality
FullMarriageEquality
Admin
Admin
http://marriage-equality.blogspot.com

SEXUAL - Sexual posts Empty Re: Sexual posts

Wed 1 Feb 2017 - 11:51
A previous version of Kindred did have a section specifically for sexual discussion. Not for "dirty talk" but rather for clinical discussions. If need be, maybe we could have that here? Or a permanent thread could be started in an existing section?

Jane Doe
Jane Doe
Admin
Admin
https://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

Fri 3 Feb 2017 - 0:38
Keith, I don't think it's strictly necessary to do either, but it's worth considering for the future if there is a demand for it, like say if a lot of members request that those kinds of threads be put in a forum apart from those which already exist. Personally I feel that such discussions are perfectly okay in the main areas provided that everyone is comfortable with that. Part of me thinks that having a forum for discussions of sex might detract from purpose of the forum somewhat. That's just my personal opinion but it would be interesting to see what other people think about it. We need to take on board what the members think so I might run a poll on it and see what the general opinion is.

Zenzitiff
Zenzitiff

SEXUAL - Sexual posts Empty Agree With Jane

Fri 3 Feb 2017 - 12:09
Jane Doe wrote: ..... Part of me thinks that having a forum for discussions of sex might detract from purpose of the forum somewhat. That's just my personal opinion but it would be interesting to see what other people think about it. ......

Dear Jane:

I agree with you that a specific forum for sex alone may attract others who are only into sex, and many of them may not be true allies at all.  All complaints should be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.  And that's my opinion.  Thank you.

All the best.

Fran.

Tue 7 Feb 2017 - 11:55
I should look more carefully at the new posts, then.
Frankly, I tried to specifically begin a discussion about sex in a post I created, no answers, and now some idiots mess with unrelated posts ? Geez... Suspect
And poor me, who was honestly interested not to add spice to my own love life, but as scientist... Seems like this approach is even less appreciated than perverted dudes annoying everyone Crying or Very sad I am a bit disappointed...
CristinaShy
CristinaShy
http://www.lilysgardener.com

Wed 22 Feb 2017 - 13:31
I think a thread on sexual aspects is a good idea. We have threads for lots of things and the forum is great. I just think that a thread specifically for sexual issues would do more good than harm. I think this because, if we created a thread on the sexual aspects, people with legitimate questions/concerns could have their discussions and we can always keep an eye on the thread and make sure the discussions are sincere. Our activism is based on the laws forbidding sex for many of us so i think that thread could be really useful. Any sexual posts in the thread that look like ridiculous fap material can always be removed and we can reiterate that the sexual thread is for serious discussion and serious questions and answers. Of course, the ultimate decision is yours and i know you will do what you feel is best for Kindred Spirits as a whole. Just my 2 cents Smile

sleepingrain
sleepingrain
Admin
Admin

Sat 1 Apr 2017 - 4:14
I agree Cristina, though that such a thread could attract the wrong crowd... seems plausible. Would it not be possible to have a temporary off-website thread? If it ended up being too much trouble to manage (or better off independent), we could leave it as such, but if the thread remained level-headed we could integrate it here.
I worry about managerial overhead from a secondary web address, but thought an extra option couldn't hurt!

Mon 3 Apr 2017 - 14:19
Wait a minute Jane... Either I am dumb, or I deliberately avoid sex threads (which is unlikely !), anyway I wonder what threads that dude might have complained about.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum