Go down
View user profile

How have you changed since turning 30?

on Sat 7 Apr - 1:17
Since turning 30 a bit over a year ago, I have gained a sort of sense that how I am will stay more consistent going forward than it was up through my 20s. For those who have surpassed age 30, has this been true for you, or are there ways in which you have changed significantly? If so, what are they, if you don't mind sharing?
View user profile

Re: How have you changed since turning 30?

on Sat 7 Apr - 1:51
I wouldn’t necessarily count on things staying the same from 30 on, JS. I had a number of life-changing events, good and bad, between 30 and now, now being thirty plus quite a lot.

As for the really big life changes: Got married. Changed careers a couple of times. Lost my dad. Had a nightmare work experience. Became a Christian. Got into and out of a few avocations. Took the red pill here.

Best,
UN

View user profile

on Sat 7 Apr - 2:24
Um. I've stayed at about the same physical activity level as always, while all my peers have declined, leaving me among the most active of my age group, I believe?

Um, but that is more how others changed and I haven't?

I have some gray in my beard now. That's pretty much exclusively since the incident with my son's kidnapping.

Funny how that works.

Uh... not much, really?

I'm not yet 32 yet, though, so I haven't been here long.
View user profile

on Sat 7 Apr - 3:28
Unowen17 wrote:I wouldn’t necessarily count on things staying the same from 30 on, JS.

Yeah, I actually posted this topic because I have already found that feeling less prone to change was a ruse. Next thing you know, I'll be a people person, a morning person, and a huge sports fanatic!
View user profile

on Mon 9 Apr - 13:11
My interests, personality and lifestyle really settled for me at 25 when Celes came to live with me. The biggest change Ive had in my 30s just happened when I entered the relationship with my daughter. Im still more or less the same person I just know now Im in the relationship that will last me the rest of my life.
View user profile

on Mon 9 Apr - 15:22
I'm better at work, with my relationships, and more patient person. I'm a little more sore after workouts and put LBS on just looking at sweets.
I also have learned the value of a good nights sleep.
Admin
Admin
View user profile

on Mon 9 Apr - 17:23
I think my life will keep changing. If it didn't I'd be concerned; without an upwards trend I'm likely stagnating and that really wouldn't do!
An article I read said something like, that most people don't expect to change as they grow because it's hard to imagine become somebody else. So if you ask somebody how they think they'll be in a decade or so, they may have ideas about where their life will be but not how they will have changed as a person.
How do you feel you'll change in your coming years?
View user profile

on Mon 9 Apr - 17:45
life in your 30s is great! i'm having as much fun as my 20s. In my 30s, the main thing that's changed is expanded tastes in various ethnic foods. Having traveled more around the word lately, I've begun to experience a whole new world of delight
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum