Go down
View user profile

Private Messages Empty Private Messages

on Fri 24 May - 14:35
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Should we report somewhere when someone messages you out of the blue and you can tell that they aren't here for the reasons most of us are? Feels like spam and fishing for fetish material. I usually ignore them. Thoughts?
FullMarriageEquality
Admin
Admin
View user profilehttp://marriage-equality.blogspot.com

Private Messages Empty Re: Private Messages

on Fri 24 May - 15:11
Yes, if the message is harassing or smacks of someone just being here to get off, let a mod or admin know.

View user profile

on Fri 24 May - 17:27
Absolutely. Please PM any admin or mod. Include the original text and sender.

Best,
UN

Star Member
View user profilehttp://ks2016.forumactif.fr/t899-my-dad-and-i

on Fri 24 May - 17:54
This happened to me too I pmed Jane about it I sent you a pm about it.
Unowen17
View user profile

on Fri 24 May - 17:57
I have a feeling Jane is going to be getting the size-18 ninja boots out for this...

Sorry it happened to you, Claire and Celes. I’ve already had one member, who I feel is innocent, worrying about whether this is about them.

Best,
UN

View user profile

on Fri 24 May - 21:38
ClaireJohanna wrote:Should we report somewhere when someone messages you out of the blue and you can tell that they aren't here for the reasons most of us are?  Feels like spam and fishing for fetish material.   I usually ignore them.  Thoughts?

Please don’t ignore them, ClaireJohanna. Report them to any admin or mod. We want to know if any creeps are misusing the PM, and our members are our eyes and ears on this.

Best,
UN

View user profile

on Sat 25 May - 5:41
Someone else pm'ed me a lovely message this week. I feel horrible if that person thinks I meant them. This was a short message with little detail. It just had the fishing for material vibe. I already deleted it. It's the 2nd such message I've had in all the months that I've been here. Next time i'll send it on to Jane or UN.
Unowen17
View user profile

on Sat 25 May - 9:25
Claire, I’m really sorry you’ve been getting them. Unfortunately, some creeps do make it past our radar. We can’t stop all of them, but we can catch the ones who make trouble and take measures. With the help of honest members such as yourself.

BTW, I have reassured the innocent member who thought you might have been talking about them. You weren’t. Smile

Best,
UN

Admin
View user profile

on Sat 25 May - 10:21
What they said. If somebody bothers you or just sets off the hairs on the back of your neck, please do tell let us know! we're here to help and we don't make rash decisions or judgments. It's not only looking out for your own peace of mind, but others here too. People like that could cause new members to leave, thinking we're "just like the other sites" when we're really not! So it's important we protect each other & that any people who hear of our community know this too.
View user profile

on Sat 25 May - 15:23
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Thanks for adding, "just sets off the hairs on the back of your neck," Sleepingrain. Because there was no real proof both times, just a vibe that someone was fishing for more. I just didn't give more. Take care everyone. Really sweet how you all flew in to support me.
Jane Doe
Admin
Admin
View user profilehttps://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

on Sun 26 May - 23:46
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Just to be clear, if anyone gets any more messages of this nature, please don't delete it or ignore it. Please copy and paste it into a new PM and send it to myself or another admin or mod. Fishing for info and creeping people out is strictly against the rules here, I do not tolerate it. We can only act on information we're aware of, so it's very important for victims of this type of harassment to come forward and name the person responsible. KS should be safe and comfortable for all who need it, and it can only remain that way if all members are willing to tell us when someone abuses the PM system for this type of activity. We can't police what we don't know about. Don't worry, you won't be bothering us with trivia, this is important to us.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum