Go down
Stonerose
View user profile

Hotel New Hampshire (1980)-Jodie Foster, Rob Lowe Empty Hotel New Hampshire (1980)-Jodie Foster, Rob Lowe

on Mon 3 Jun - 19:03
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
I wanted to throw out a question that is film related. Growing up in the 80s with ,at the time, was a crush on my sister (blood related), i saw a film that had a lasting impact on me. The film was Hotel New Hampshire. It starred Jodie Foster and Rob Lowe. The film chronicles the lives of members of an unconventional family. I won't do justice trying to summarize, but one of the main story lines is the relationship of two of the siblings, portrayed by Lowe and Foster. It does paint a dark picture of the sister at times but she does battle through it over the course of years. Her brother's infatuation with her is mutual. It all comes to a head when they decide to "do something about it ". Basically, get it out of their systems, so they can move on. It really stuck with me. A sibling relationship that didn't end in suicide or murder. Looking back, it really helped me deal with the shame i was experiencing. Anyone else know this film?
Unowen17
View user profile

Hotel New Hampshire (1980)-Jodie Foster, Rob Lowe Empty Re: Hotel New Hampshire (1980)-Jodie Foster, Rob Lowe

on Mon 3 Jun - 19:21
Moved to Media Forum. Film Production is a forum about our efforts to make our own film.

The movie sounds interesting. I've heard of it but never saw it.

Best,
UN

Special Member
View user profile

Hotel New Hampshire (1980)-Jodie Foster, Rob Lowe Empty Re: Hotel New Hampshire (1980)-Jodie Foster, Rob Lowe

on Tue 4 Jun - 1:34
Sounds like an interesting film if you ask me.
sleepingrain
Admin
Admin
View user profile

on Tue 4 Jun - 2:49
I also like this, and haven't heard about it before. Maybe I'll look it up sometime ^_^
Stonerose
View user profile

on Tue 4 Jun - 19:35
Its really not a graphic depiction of sibling love. But has a sassy, dark humor without a bad ending like most movies that tackle this subject matter.

Sent from Topic'it App
Consanguinamory
Special Member
Special Member
View user profile

on Wed 5 Jun - 0:32
View user profile

on Wed 5 Jun - 17:04
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
One of the few movies I'm aware of that does not portray consensual adult incest as some kind of tragedy.
Stonerose
View user profile

on Wed 5 Jun - 19:57
Exactly! I'm curious if there are any other examples of this in mainstream film or media?

Sent from Topic'it App
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum