View previous topicGo downView next topic
Admin
View user profile

what's your kind of music?

on Sat 13 Aug - 11:03

hiya everyone! been a while since I made a thread (was experiencing some technical difficulties)
Somedays it would be hard to stay sane without the right melodies. What kind do you prefer?
there's all sorts of genres out there, and if you like a bunch (which is just as well! the more the merrier) you can always give some examples of some of the most favorite songs you like. If you really *can't* put a finger on your faves, that works too

I like all sorts of things, though a quick run through the music folder shows that a lot are some kind of instrumental.
Some of my favorites are Enya (especially Pax Deorum, Athair Ar Neamh), Jeff Buckley (Hallelujah), Santana (personal reasons), Poe (Haunted), Lesiem, The Gael, M83, Juno Reactor, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Ave Maria (just about any rendition really), and Brian Crain. There's a bunch more and some of them change out often enough... make of that what you will!

what are your beats that you just can't live without?
Admin
View user profilehttps://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

Re: what's your kind of music?

on Wed 17 Aug - 21:36
Anything but rap and hip-hop. I love 90s music, but quite a lot of newer stuff too, also some 80s stuff is good. Some music from video games too... anyone else ever loaded a game just to listen to the tune?
Admin
View user profile

on Fri 19 Aug - 5:09
rap and hip-hop, I do know what you mean... they are a bit under-represented in my music folder! Has implications.
some of the newer games have music that's as good as anything you'd find on the radio, lyrics and all.
Do you remember Messiah?
Admin

on Fri 19 Aug - 11:43
Not familiar with that track, but some of my favourite soundtracks come from games like Sonic Adventures 2 (yes, I know, as cheesy as a cheddar factory), and the Legends of Zelda. Some of the remixes of the really retro stuff is good too, with several versions of the same tracks.
Admin
View user profile

on Fri 19 Aug - 13:13
oh no Messiah isn't a track it's a band, late 80s early 90sish. Don't think they're together anymore.
and it's not quite that cheesy! but maybe enough for nachos? ^_^
but really some of the sonic tracks are kind of addictive... we were never able to get a lot of the later games, so idk what the music on SA2 is like. But the Chemical Plant remixes are some of my favorites, and a lot of the ones from Sonic CD. Thank goodness for youtube!
View user profile

on Sat 20 Aug - 1:26
Synthwave, all types of Symphonic and Melodic Metal, Rammstein, classical music and normal songs (normal singing, just singing)
Admin
View user profile

on Sat 20 Aug - 4:30
what would be some good examples of symphonic and melodic metal?
View user profile

on Sat 20 Aug - 12:37
View user profile

on Sat 17 Sep - 7:13
lately we have been listing to Mongolian and truvan throat singing
View user profile

on Wed 19 Oct - 14:22
I moved all about the country during my formative years also I was born in the 60's so I was raised during the Motown British Envasion era as a result I like something in every category r&b rock jazz pop from the 60's to the mid 2000's especially early hip hop
View user profile

on Sat 22 Oct - 11:39
I usually say that I like anything from a capella to zydeco and ABBA to ZZTop. But I love cpountry and especially classic country.
Admin

on Sat 22 Oct - 23:34
One of my personal favourites: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKkmyMKbPKE
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum