Go down
View user profile

Petition: youtube

on Thu 15 Mar - 20:31
would anyone here mind helping me get a video off of youtube? i personally knew and helped bury the people killed in the video...
myself and others that knew them would really like to see it removed. see petition below:

https://www.change.org/p/remove-sofrep-s-ambush-video-from-youtube?recruiter=842159237&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=psf_combo_share_message.nafta_milestone_share_ask_victory.control&utm_term=psf_combo_share_initial
View user profile

Re: Petition: youtube

on Thu 15 Mar - 20:38
Done.

UN

View user profile

on Sat 17 Mar - 1:09
Olek wrote:would anyone here mind helping me get a video off of youtube?  i personally knew and helped bury the people killed in the video...
myself and others that knew them would really like to see it removed.  see petition below:

https://www.change.org/p/remove-sofrep-s-ambush-video-from-youtube?recruiter=842159237&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=psf_combo_share_message.nafta_milestone_share_ask_victory.control&utm_term=psf_combo_share_initial
Oh Hell no! signed! This should be taken down! This is disgusting. I also reported it to YouTube under the Physical Violence category.
View user profile

on Sat 17 Mar - 4:09
I am uncertain how to feel about this. Some have argued that it is about showing the horrors of war. The narrative I heard about Vietnam is that it wasn't ended until the outrage reached such a public peak that the people forced Congress' hands.

The petition says - more or less - that it is Congress that should watch videos such as these. And while that is true, they appear inured to it. Perhaps it will take personal outrage on a grand scale to accomplish anything again - which means using channels such as this to try to reach people and upset them.

If I were in your shoes - or those of the dead soldier - I would see my death being used as a call to stop the violence.

Which isn't to say that I do not ken the outrage you feel. It must be very painful to see the death of someone you know used as a political tool. But if the person using it is sincerely trying to accomplish good (I don't know one way or the other if that is ACTUALLY the case), then perhaps it is a silver lining, rather than an insult?

I don't know.

One commenter suggested that it is just a publicity (and money) grab. If so, that is heinous.
View user profile

on Sat 17 Mar - 8:52
CelesChere wrote:Oh Hell no! signed! This should be taken down! This is disgusting. I also reported it to YouTube under the Physical Violence category.

I couldn’t find it. The image on the petition was static and didn’t link to YouTube. Searching yielded too many hits. Can you post the link and I’ll do the same?

Best,
UN

View user profile

on Sat 17 Mar - 9:27
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA6YC9xzITw&t=90s thats the one posted by the sofrep account. It should be noted you tube has already taken down at least one repost of this video.
View user profile

on Sat 17 Mar - 9:53
Thanks, Celes. It's all over the place. CBS piece on it and others in the sidebar. The one you posted is age-restricted.

YouTube taking it down probably has more to do with copyrights than honoring the fallen.

UN

View user profile

on Tue 20 Mar - 10:00
i translated the original release of the video. ISIS released it with a bunch of jihadi BS tacked on. i speak arabic, part of my job. the whole purpose of the release was to bolster ISIS recruiting.

there wasnt a single detail from the publicly released narrative that the video was in conflict with. jack murphy, of SOFREP, posted that video to garner more traffic to his site and sell more of his own books. for some reason, youtube decided to leave it up, despite their policy of removing ISIS propaganda videos whenever they are found.

jack murphy used to be an operator in 5th SFG. of all people, he really should know better.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum