Kindred Spirits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Alhena
Alhena

introduction - Cool Introduction Empty Cool Introduction

Tue 24 Sep 2019 - 6:26
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Hey guys,

I lied. This introduction is not going to be Cool. Sorry. I never know what to put in these meet-me threads, so here's an abrupt rundown of some basic information about me:

I'm 22 years old and don't have personal experience with consang relationships myself barring secret juvenile crushes on cousins, but two of my family members are together. I support them completely - which feels like a silly thing to say about consenting adults in a happy relationship, but that's how it is. I would like to emphasise, though, that secondhand experience with consanguinamory isn't the reason why I'm supportive - I've never in my life been able to get my head around, or been given a convincing reason by anyone, why certain types of relationships (e.g. homosexual, polyamorous, consanguinamorous) are socially and/or legally prohibited. But don't get me talking, I'll never stop.

Anyway, basically I'm curious to interact with people who have experiences similar to mine or that of the aforementioned lovebirds, since consanguinamory isn't something conventional company is comfortable conversing about.

So. Here I am. Love you. Hope I did this right.

Last edited by Alhena on Tue 24 Sep 2019 - 6:28; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : dumb wording)
CelesChere
CelesChere
Star Member
Star Member
https://ks2016.forumactif.fr/t899-my-dad-and-i

introduction - Cool Introduction Empty Re: Cool Introduction

Tue 24 Sep 2019 - 8:26
You did it fine. A mod will be along to approve you u til then welcome.
Unowen17
Unowen17
Admin
Admin

Tue 24 Sep 2019 - 10:19
Hi, Alhena,

Don’t worry. You’re cool. Cool And you’re also upgraded to full membership. Hope you like it here!

Feel free to talk all you want. We don’t charge by the word. Smile

Thank you for being an ally to your family members. I’m sure they need it. I fully agree with you, of course, that we should all be free to love whoever we’re in love with.

May I ask who the two relatives you’re supporting are? Feel free to say it in the members-only sections if you’re not comfortable following up in your cool intro. Smile

Best,
UN

Last edited by Unowen17 on Tue 24 Sep 2019 - 14:30; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Coolify smiley)

Admin
Admin
http://marriage-equality.blogspot.com

Tue 24 Sep 2019 - 12:46
Welcome aboard! You sound like a friend of Full Marriage Equality!

We do have an an entire section for allies. And write as much as you want. As with anyone else, you should feel free to add to existing (even old) conversations, and to start new ones.

Tue 24 Sep 2019 - 16:53
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Thanks for the welcomes, everyone  flower

@Unowen17 The relatives in questions are cousins to me, brother/sister to one another. We grew up pretty close, though, so I secretly like to consider myself a third sibling lol!
Unowen17
Unowen17
Admin
Admin

Tue 24 Sep 2019 - 17:30
Thanks, Alhena! We do have a lot of brother-sister couples on KS, so we're ready to provide any support we can.

Best,
UN

Tue 24 Sep 2019 - 18:17
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum