Kindred Spirits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
AnnieK
AnnieK

introduction - Introduction Empty Introduction

Wed 18 Dec 2019 - 21:38
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Hi.
I'm a mid/late 20s female who had an extended sexual relationship with my parents.
I've read the rules and tbh I'm not sure I'm exactly an "ally." Lol. It wasn't an overall positive experience and kind of wrecked my family, so I'm not all rah-rah about things.
I'm in a much better spot mentally and emotionally now, so I'm looking for a place to work through and unpack things and understand what experiences others have had.
I started out at Reddit, which was legit a disaster, and I'm just hoping this site is cool about honesty and reflection and not just for cheerleaders, because there's really nowhere you can go with stuff like this. Like, there was good and bad, but I can't pretend the bad doesn't exist, and there's probably more of that than good.
So there! Wink

gsacruzataur likes this post

FullMarriageEquality
FullMarriageEquality
Admin
Admin
http://marriage-equality.blogspot.com

introduction - Introduction Empty Re: Introduction

Thu 19 Dec 2019 - 1:49
Annie, how old were you when things started?

Thu 19 Dec 2019 - 2:14
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Things started when I was 18 and lasted until I was 22, when I decided to separate myself from stuff. It was consensual, and I was actually the initiator.
CelesChere
CelesChere
Star Member
Star Member
https://ks2016.forumactif.fr/t899-my-dad-and-i

Thu 19 Dec 2019 - 3:23
Im actually curious to know more about your story BECAUSE it wasnt all positive.
AnnieK
AnnieK

Thu 19 Dec 2019 - 3:35
Well, I'm probably not looking to post much in the public side of the forums just because of privacy reasons and stuff. I'm paranoid about that.
But things ended up breaking down partially just because of the dynamics in every family. It's not really a typical situation, obviously. It brings a lot of stress to the table that wouldn't be there, otherwise. There's also the secrecy aspect that just wore everyone down after a while. It started out awesome but deteriorated to the point where I couldn't still be a part of it and maintain my mental health.
CelesChere
CelesChere
Star Member
Star Member

Thu 19 Dec 2019 - 3:50
Obviously wait till your approval comes through and discuss it further in members. Once you get approved theres a thread I started Id like your perspective on.
FullMarriageEquality
FullMarriageEquality
Admin
Admin

Thu 19 Dec 2019 - 6:56
Before I (or one of the others) gives access, I just want to make sure you understand, Annie, that we are supportive of involved people. Sober warnings are useful, and you’ll be welcome to tell your story, but if you’re likely to give blanket discouragement, this wouldn’t be the place for you. I don’t think that’s your mindset, but I wanted to be sure. If you’re willing to give others support in their ongoing relationships, you’ll get support in return even if your involvement in such a relationship is permanently over. Does that make sense?

Admin
Admin

Thu 19 Dec 2019 - 11:10
Hey, Keith,

It’s your call whether to upgrade Annie’s membership or not, since you talked to her first. But I’ll say this, mainly for others who read the intros.

We get a steady stream of newcomers who aren’t involved with a relative and want to be. For some of them, it’s the right thing to do. But not for all of them.

I think the perspective of an active member whose relationship didn’t work out well would be useful. As long as it’s not blanket discouragement, as you say. I also get the impression that that’s not Annie’s motive, but I’ll also let her confirm that.

We try to support everyone who comes in these doors. And sometimes that means supporting them to back off.

Best,
UN

Star Member
Star Member

Thu 19 Dec 2019 - 12:08
I think its important to have negative perspectives so this place doesn't become an echo chamber but one of honest discussions of all the aspects of these complicated relationships even the bad ones because it doesnt work out for everyone.
AnnieK
AnnieK

Thu 19 Dec 2019 - 17:03
FullMarriageEquality wrote:Before I (or one of the others) gives access, I just want to make sure you understand, Annie, that we are supportive of involved people. Sober warnings are useful, and you’ll be welcome to tell your story, but if you’re likely to give blanket discouragement, this wouldn’t be the place for you. I don’t think that’s your mindset, but I wanted to be sure. If you’re willing to give others support in their ongoing relationships, you’ll get support in return even if your involvement in such a relationship is permanently over. Does that make sense?

I'm not exactly an in-your-face kind of person, or very vocal, really.  I don't know how much I'll be participating.  I guess it depends on the community.  So I won't be jumping in every thread to shout at people.  Lol.  I think if you're a consenting adult you should be able to (pretty much) do as you please.  

But I'll tell you about my Reddit experience.  I ended up there because there aren't a lot of places to exchange honestly on this topic.  It was a mess.  Like, everyone there is just spitting out these fantasies about being with parents, and aunts and uncles and brothers and sisters, and what a magical wonderland it would be.  And when I'd comment, it was on my experiences, and I'd be like, Well, sometimes fantasies should be left as fantasies.  You know?  This introduces a ton of stresses and complexities and not every family can survive that.  I thought I had an awesome, strong family, but looking back I see this just wasn't the thing to do.  Is it worth possibly losing your family/parents/siblings over this?  I mean, for me it hasn't been.

I totally get if this community is just for support.  Maybe my experiences wouldn't be welcome.  But I've seen so many "OMG that's so cool!" posts that sometimes I just want to say, "Well, there's another side."

Edit: I should probably say that I'm not actively proselytizing against whatever choices people make. Like, if you're in a healthy relationship, I'm happy for you. I think I'm really just talking about people who have this as some fantasy or romanticize this as some kind of idyllic lifestyle, or maybe are even thinking about it IRL. I'm just saying it's not all rainbows and skittles. Things change in your life that you can't get back.

Last edited by AnnieK on Thu 19 Dec 2019 - 17:21; edited 1 time in total

Thu 19 Dec 2019 - 17:14
AnnieK wrote:
FullMarriageEquality wrote:Before I (or one of the others) gives access, I just want to make sure you understand, Annie, that we are supportive of involved people. Sober warnings are useful, and you’ll be welcome to tell your story, but if you’re likely to give blanket discouragement, this wouldn’t be the place for you. I don’t think that’s your mindset, but I wanted to be sure. If you’re willing to give others support in their ongoing relationships, you’ll get support in return even if your involvement in such a relationship is permanently over. Does that make sense?

I'm not exactly an in-your-face kind of person, or very vocal, really.  I don't know how much I'll be participating.  I guess it depends on the community.  So I won't be jumping in every thread to shout at people.  Lol.  I think if you're a consenting adult you should be able to (pretty much) do as you please.  

But I'll tell you about my Reddit experience.  I ended up there because there aren't a lot of places to exchange honestly on this topic.  It was a mess.  Like, everyone there is just spitting out these fantasies about being with parents, and aunts and uncles and brothers and sisters, and what a magical wonderland it would be.  And when I'd comment, it was on my experiences, and I'd be like, Well, sometimes fantasies should be left as fantasies.  You know?  This introduces a ton of stresses and complexities and not every family can survive that.  I thought I had an awesome, strong family, but looking back I see this just wasn't the thing to do.  Is it worth possibly losing your family/parents/siblings over this?  I mean, for me it hasn't been.

I totally get if this community is just for support.  Maybe my experiences wouldn't be welcome.  But I've seen so many "OMG that's so cool!" posts that sometimes I just want to say, "Well, there's another side."
I cant speak for everyone but I welcome your perspective and feel it would be beneficial to having an honest discussion about our experiences.
AnnieK
AnnieK

Thu 19 Dec 2019 - 17:23
Mr Reese wrote:
AnnieK wrote:

I cant speak for everyone but I welcome your perspective and feel it would be beneficial to having an honest discussion about our experiences.

Thank you. Smile
Unowen17
Unowen17
Admin
Admin

Thu 19 Dec 2019 - 18:45
Hi, Annie,

That's good enough for me, and I think it'll be good enough for Keith too. You're in.

Welcome to KS! Glad to have you here. Sorry for all the extra drama around admitting you. Smile Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Best,
UN

Thu 19 Dec 2019 - 18:58
Thank you! Smile
And no problem, I understand. I won't be a nuisance, I swear!
Unowen17
Unowen17
Admin
Admin

Thu 19 Dec 2019 - 20:34
AnnieK wrote:Thank you! Smile
And no problem, I understand.  I won't be a nuisance, I swear!  

Awwww, don't worry about it, Annie! In fact, being a nuisance will earn you bonus points. Smile

Best,
UN

Admin
Admin

Fri 20 Dec 2019 - 2:51
Welcome aboard!

Thanks UN.

Admin
Admin
https://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

Sun 22 Dec 2019 - 22:35
Welcome AnnieK, you're welcome to share your story in the private areas of the forum 'your story' would be the best place to do that Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum