Kindred Spirits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
Admin
Admin
https://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

New Security Measures Empty New Security Measures

Thu 9 Jan 2020 - 23:55
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
It's been bought to my attention that the dormant admin accounts at KS could pose a potential security risk and be an easy target to hackers. For this reason, I have reduced the admin list from nine to just four.

The current admin team are: Me, FullMarriageEquality, Sleepingrain, and Unowen17.

The people I reduced back to normal members have not visited this forum in well over 12 months, and I don't expect them to be around any time soon. Those people are: CristinaShy, SamCat, Shiro, TheFinalManifesto, and wiccanbiker. These users were once active, and they got admin position in the first place because they followed me from the previous incarnation of KS and they were admins there too. At the time it made sense to let those who were admins there to be admins here. I was the new kid on the block as far as KS goes anyway, so it wasn't my place to prune the list at the time. As they're no longer around it doesn't make sense to keep them admins when weighed against the potential security risks of dormant admin accounts, so I've made the decision to prune the list now. Note: This is NOT any judgement against these people, I personally like all of them, I respect them, I trust them, and I hope that should they decide to return, they would understand my decision in this matter.

There have been no changes to the moderator team, and your moderators are:

OtherHans and Jeja

Last edited by Unowen17 on Mon 7 Sep 2020 - 10:36; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Demote to normal post, old news)
Unowen17
Unowen17
Admin
Admin

New Security Measures Empty Re: New Security Measures

Fri 10 Jan 2020 - 0:36
I thought I’d seen Wiccan more recently...

Best,
UN

Fri 10 Jan 2020 - 1:59
You can always give them back their admin account if they return and want it restored and think they will use it.
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
Admin
Admin
https://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

Fri 10 Jan 2020 - 12:25
Unowen17 wrote:I thought I’d seen Wiccan more recently...

Best,
UN

I haven't, in any case he is only around very rarely. In any case, he isn't around often enough to make proper use of admin privilidges. Should that change, as Mr Reese says I can re-promote them.
sleepingrain
sleepingrain
Admin
Admin

Sun 12 Jan 2020 - 20:18
Excellent, a wise decision I think ^_^ thank you!
Unowen17
Unowen17
Admin
Admin

Fri 17 Jan 2020 - 15:31
Some further security cleanup: We've had a lot of people who have registered on the site, sometimes years ago, and never posted their intro. I've marked them as inactive if they haven't visited KS within the last 25 days. This means that their accounts still exist, but they won't be able to log in.

If your account is inactive and you'd like it reactivated, please email me at:

New Security Measures Captur13

Or contact any other admin at their published email addresses.

(Captcha courtesy Wolfram Alpha)

Best,
UN

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum