Kindred Spirits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduction

+2
FullMarriageEquality
Unowen17
6 posters
Go down
The_Good_Son

Introduction  Empty Introduction

Sat 2 May 2020 - 14:19
Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)
I'm am currently 47, and my mother is 70. Back in 98 when I was 28 and, my mother was 49, my mother and I began a consanguineous relationship. At the time my stepfather was close to losing his battle with cancer, and my mother initially told me it was just sex, and it was our little secret. After about a week together, before I went back home my mother said something to me I'll never forget. She told me she would always love me as a son, but she she was in love with the man I had become. As fate would have it, I ended up moving back home with my mother, and our relationship continued for about 5 years before my youngest sister nearly caught us, and we decided to see other people. We dated other people, and eventually married our future spouses. It seemed we were getting back to having a normal mother son relationship even though sex between us was always the elephant in the room. When my mother's marriage became sexless we ended up having our second affair. Both our marriages winded up ending in divorce, and it was at that point my mother and I knew we would be happy with anyone else, and decided not to date anymore. Low and behold over 20 years later we are still together. It hasn't been easy but the love we share is more powerful than anything I've experienced with any other woman.

Nemo likes this post

Unowen17
Unowen17
Admin
Admin

Introduction  Empty Re: Introduction

Sat 2 May 2020 - 15:23
Welcome to Kindred Spirits, TGS, and congratulations on your long love with your mother. I’ve upgraded your account.

Your feelings of double love are very common in consang couples.

Please feel encouraged to participate in the members-only forums as you would like.

Stay safe,
UN

Admin
Admin
http://marriage-equality.blogspot.com

Sat 2 May 2020 - 16:13
Welcome aboard! Congrats on your love.

Sat 2 May 2020 - 17:41
Thanks UN! Thanks Keith!
Crimsonfield
Crimsonfield
Star Member
Star Member

Sat 2 May 2020 - 20:40
The_Good_Son wrote: It hasn't been easy but the love we share is more powerful than anything I've experienced with any other woman.

Yes, I recognize that statement.

And welcome to the forum.
OtherHans

Sun 3 May 2020 - 0:32
Welcome Smile

Congratulations on building a beautiful, if unconventional, romantic relationship.

Are the two of you able to live together as a couple, or do you have to maintain separate residences so as to keep up appearances?

Have you given any thought to getting married?
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
Admin
Admin
https://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

Sun 3 May 2020 - 0:48
Welcome to KS, and we all recognize how you feel about your mother, consang love is like no other Smile
The_Good_Son

Sun 3 May 2020 - 4:14
Hi OtherHans, my mother and I lived together for the first 5 years of our relationship. After that we lived apart for well over 10 years before my mother moved back in with me a couple of years ago. We may live together now but, we have separate bedrooms for appearances sake.
To answer your other question, my mother and I have never considered getting married. We like things just the way they are now. Under the radar!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum