Kindred Spirits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Harmonyx

Thank you for being here! Empty Thank you for being here!

Sat 22 Oct 2016 - 15:09
Hi, everyone. First I want to say thanks to all of the people who keep this portal going. I'm really very grateful to have found it, and I'm hoping to learn and contribute here. And thanks to the members who are posting, too! I feel less alone, knowing you're here.

I'm in my forties, and have experience with both consanguinamory relationships, and GSA. I have experience, too, with being discriminated against because of it, and so have my family members. I think two people have told me about the Kindred Spirits portal in years past, but I am struggling with what seems to be consistent with a dissociative disorder, so I . . . forgot. I'm here, now, though! Please be aware that I can easily forget things if I'm stressed, or, actually for no reason at all. If I forget something, usually reminding me will help. I'm not trying to be annoying, and I think that I'm slowly gaining more control over my own memory, so please bear with me!

Peace,
Harmonyx
Comfy233

Thank you for being here! Empty Re: Thank you for being here!

Sat 22 Oct 2016 - 18:37
Hello and welcome
blackroseheart

Sat 22 Oct 2016 - 19:06
Welcome! I think I have a friend who has that same issue with memory. I'm sorry you have faced discrimination. I hope you find that not everyone in the world is as close-minded as those who treated you that way. You'll find support here.
Harmonyx

Sat 22 Oct 2016 - 20:10
Thank you, both!
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
Admin
Admin
https://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

Sat 22 Oct 2016 - 23:32
Welcome to the forums, I've upgraded you. Discrimination is a bitch, and one we hope to eliminate in society, it's not right or fair that anyone should suffer discrimination when they're consenting adults not hurting anyone. So you've experienced both GSA and non-GSA consanguinamory? That's not too common but it does happen. If you want to tell us more at some point, you can do more privately (only upgraded members have access) in the 'your story' part of the forums.

Don't worry about your memory, even those of us without a medical problem can get memory problems sometimes. I had 'baby brain' when I had my little one, but it's never totally gone away and even now (even though she is almost 4) I can walk into a room and forget what I went in there for. It happens to people, no biggie, but if you want reminding of something I'm sure people would be happy to help out Smile
Harmonyx

Sun 23 Oct 2016 - 1:56
Hi, Jane Doe. Thanks for the upgrade!

Maybe I'm getting the terms a little mixed up . . . I'm only just starting to learn about all of this. It's not like you can talk to anyone about it. I can't clarify until I understand a little better, so I'll keep reading and then get back to you. My experience is really complicated, so I might be confused!

Baby brain is pretty common! I think it's really exhaustion. I once saw an article that said the reason we forget when we walk into another room is because the brain perceives the doorway as a change of scenery, so it naturally thinks it's safe to put aside what happened in the last room for the moment. Since the events/data that happened in that room aren't usually stored into long term memory until we dream, they just get stowed away. If you go back into the first room, you often remember because the brain thinks you might need that information again. I don't know if that's true, but it makes sense to me since that happens to me all of the time!

Thanks for understanding!
Harmonyx

Sun 23 Oct 2016 - 3:13
Hello again, Jane Doe.

I read a few posts about GSA and consanguinamory, and I think I'm a little clearer than I was before. I think that consanguinamory is a better term for what I've experienced in my life. But just so you know, I do come from a 'broken' home, and since childhood, I've been repeatedly separated and reunited from my siblings, parents and other extended family members. That's why it's difficult for me to define exactly where I fit in with these two terms.

Consanguinamory feels like a better fit, though.
FullMarriageEquality
FullMarriageEquality
Admin
Admin
http://marriage-equality.blogspot.com

Sun 23 Oct 2016 - 3:55
Welcome!
EmilyW

Sun 23 Oct 2016 - 12:38
Hi Harmonyx, everyone is forgetful, and I know when talking to people over the internet it can be difficult to remember who you talked to in the past, and what was talked about, especially when using made up names to keep your life private. I surely wouldn't use anybody's real name, and I know sometimes I've changed this or that just to be extra safe. Don't want some nosy person tracking me down and knocking on my door. Lots of crazy people out there, and I've already met a couple....lol Smile
Harmonyx

Sun 23 Oct 2016 - 14:32
Thanks, FullMarriageEquality!

Hi, EmilyW. Thank you for understanding. My forgetfulness is likely to be dissociative amnesia, or disociative identity disorder. I'm not comfortable diagnosing myself, but I may be able to get an evaluation, soon.

Yes, a full 50% of the world is full on crazy, and the other half is just completely bonkers.

If I have DID, I intend to be both.
CristinaShy
CristinaShy
http://www.lilysgardener.com

Sat 29 Oct 2016 - 4:15
welcome!! and you are not alone. My memory is atrocious.
Harmonyx

Sat 29 Oct 2016 - 22:25
thanks, CristinaShy.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum