Kindred Spirits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

39 year old mother with son

+11
Shana
Tommy467
FabVet
Oedipus95
EpicureanD
UnaMadreLV
Quesera
FullMarriageEquality
Hope1079
Unowen17
Abracadabra1
15 posters
Go down
Abracadabra1

39 year old mother with son Empty 39 year old mother with son

Fri 11 Feb 2022 - 15:39
Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)
Hello everyone,

I'm a 39 year old mother active with 20 yr old son, only started around 6 months ago. I come from quite a strict & repressed country where even usual sexual relationships are taboo (usually married off early) so this is off the charts however I am happy to be here and glad to hopefully make acquaintance with like minded people.

FullMarriageEquality, Quesera, Rick Fortune, Unowen17, Marcel20, Cyberdolphnow, Hope1079 and like this post

Unowen17
Unowen17
Admin
Admin

39 year old mother with son Empty Re: 39 year old mother with son

Fri 11 Feb 2022 - 16:34
Hi, Abra, welcome to Kindred Spirits, and congratulations on your new relationship with your son. I’ve upgraded your account.

We’ve had quite a few moms join recently, so please make yourself at home! Your son is welcome here, too.

Stay safe,
UN

Rick Fortune and Cyberdolphnow like this post

Hope1079

Fri 11 Feb 2022 - 19:58
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
It's good to see another mother here! I have that same special relationship with my son too, and I know all the feelings you have very well! I hope we can become friends to support each other. Let me know if there's anything we can help you with. Maybe sharing your story in the forum will help you. For me, getting everything out here that I was struggling with really helped me in processing my feelings. And I was given such good advice too.

FullMarriageEquality, Rick Fortune, Unowen17, Cyberdolphnow, yuyutsusingh72, UnaMadreLV, FabVet and like this post

FullMarriageEquality
FullMarriageEquality
Admin
Admin
http://marriage-equality.blogspot.com

Fri 11 Feb 2022 - 21:51
Welcome aboard!

Unowen17 likes this post

Quesera
Quesera
Star Member
Star Member
http://ciaotannia.forumactif.com/

Sat 12 Feb 2022 - 3:39
Welcome Abracadabra1!

Unowen17 likes this post

UnaMadreLV

39 year old mother with son Empty Hi..

Wed 2 Nov 2022 - 14:25
Hope1079 wrote:It's good to see another mother here! I have that same special relationship with my son too, and I know all the feelings you have very well! I hope we can become friends to support each other. Let me know if there's anything we can help you with. Maybe sharing your story in the forum will help you. For me, getting everything out here that I was struggling with really helped me in processing my feelings. And I was given such good advice too.

I would like to talk to You... please

Unowen17 likes this post

UnaMadreLV

Wed 2 Nov 2022 - 14:26
Abracadabra1 wrote:Hello everyone,

I'm a 39 year old mother active with 20 yr old son, only started around 6 months ago. I come from quite a strict & repressed country where even usual sexual relationships are taboo (usually married off early) so this is off the charts however I am happy to be here and glad to hopefully make acquaintance with like minded people.

I would be happy to talk to You... seems we have similar.. life stories...

Unowen17 and Shana like this post

EpicureanD

Sat 5 Nov 2022 - 7:34
Welcome aboard..🙌🙌 how did it all start with your son? What’s the dynamic with you both like now?

Unowen17 likes this post

Oedipus95
Oedipus95

Sun 6 Nov 2022 - 15:49
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
I have always wondered why there are always people who leave one or two messages and then disappear, or is it that they only do it to access the other areas of the forum????

FullMarriageEquality, Unowen17 and RichG like this post

Unowen17
Unowen17
Admin
Admin

Sun 6 Nov 2022 - 17:57
Probably different reasons for different people, Oedipus. And I have no notion why it happened here, or even really that it did.

Stay safe,
UN

FamilyFriend likes this post

FullMarriageEquality
FullMarriageEquality
Admin
Admin
http://marriage-equality.blogspot.com

Mon 7 Nov 2022 - 18:03
It’s a good question. Did they expect something different than what they found here? Did they think they had nothing to add? Was their situation “resolved?” Did their partner(s) freak out about them being here?

Unowen17 likes this post

FabVet

Wed 9 Nov 2022 - 12:25

Actually, I’m in kind of a similar situation but there is lots of confusion. I’m 42 , single male & she is 64. There is some kind of sexual tension between us but I’m not sure how to proceed.

Unowen17, voicemale and JasonMc like this post

Tommy467

Sun 27 Nov 2022 - 1:44
I’ve wanted a relationship like this with my mom for so many yrs but it’s impossible 😓

Unowen17 likes this post

Shana

Tue 13 Dec 2022 - 0:36
Hope1079 wrote:It's good to see another mother here! I have that same special relationship with my son too, and I know all the feelings you have very well! I hope we can become friends to support each other. Let me know if there's anything we can help you with. Maybe sharing your story in the forum will help you. For me, getting everything out here that I was struggling with really helped me in processing my feelings. And I was given such good advice too.

If you don't mind, may I ask you a few questions,

1. Were you worried that opening up a consanguineous bond with your son might have compromised your relationship as a mother? I have always been the authoritative one with my husband being the good cop. But after the recent relationship, the boundaries have become hazy and everything feels complicated.

2. Have you ever felt guilty and worried that you are holding back your son from a normal adulthood where he is supposed to enjoy the usual dating life at his prime.

3. How do you handle the secretive aspect of the relationship and deal with the fear of it being exposed, the feelings of shame and guilt?

I know for a fact that my husband or daughter will never understand what has happened at least in my case. Thankfully my son is emotionally mature and discreet but I still feel paranoid half the time. I am usually well organized and used to being in control but recently I have been feeling like a downer. It has been my son who has taken the lead in the planning aspect of the relationships as I silly feel bad and guilty to do it.

4. Do you worry about future?

I am sorry for the barrage of questions but this seems to be a safe space.

Thanks,
Shana

FullMarriageEquality, Rick Fortune, Unowen17 and JasonMc like this post

Unowen17
Unowen17
Admin
Admin

Tue 13 Dec 2022 - 1:28
Shana, I believe Hope is long gone. If she was ever really here at all…

But, I think others could still answer your questions about your concerns. They are quite common in mom-son relationships. And others.

Stay safe,
UN

FullMarriageEquality and Shana like this post

byen8838
byen8838

Thu 22 Dec 2022 - 17:25
Shana wrote:

If you don't mind, may I ask you a few questions,

1. Were you worried that opening up a consanguineous bond with your son might have compromised your relationship as a mother? I have always been the authoritative one with my husband being the good cop. But after the recent relationship, the boundaries have become hazy and everything feels complicated.

2. Have you ever felt guilty and worried that you are holding back your son from a normal adulthood where he is supposed to enjoy the usual dating life at his prime.

3. How do you handle the secretive aspect of the relationship and deal with the fear of it being exposed, the feelings of shame and guilt?

I know for a fact that my husband or daughter will never understand what has happened at least in my case. Thankfully my son is emotionally mature and discreet but I still feel paranoid half the time. I am usually well organized and used to being in control but recently I have been feeling like a downer. It has been my son who has taken the lead in the planning aspect of the relationships as I silly feel bad and guilty to do it.

4. Do you worry about future?

I am sorry for the barrage of questions but this seems to be a safe space.

Thanks,
Shana

Hi Shana. I responded to your message on Wire. I can help you with these questions and more.

FullMarriageEquality and Unowen17 like this post

Rick Fortune
Star Member
Star Member

Sun 22 Jan 2023 - 11:12
Shana, be cool, like your son. Mom and I were together for 18 years till I lost her to cancer. Just love your boy-my mom did and even though its hard not having her, those were the best years of my life.

FullMarriageEquality, Unowen17 and Wulfgar like this post

voicemale

Mon 23 Jan 2023 - 17:03
FabVet wrote:

Actually, I’m in kind of a similar situation but there is lots of confusion. I’m 42 , single male & she is 64. There is some kind of sexual tension between us but I’m not sure how to proceed.

FabVet - I sent a PM to you about this post, hoping to shed light on a sort of similar situation I posted on this forum. If you want any kind of insight from a shared experience, let me know.
RichG

Mon 23 Jan 2023 - 21:17
Oedipus95 wrote:I have always wondered why there are always people who leave one or two messages and then disappear, or is it that they only do it to access the other areas of the forum????
I’m on and off of here, but I’m always willing to share my secure email if someone really wants to have a conversation. Or talk here whenever I’m on.😘

Wed 25 Jan 2023 - 4:50
Hi congrats Smile I'm hoping to start talking to some one in a similar situation I'm also a 30 something parent
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum