Kindred Spirits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduction

+3
sleepingrain
Unowen17
FullMarriageEquality
7 posters
Go down
lostguydad1209

Introduction Empty Introduction

Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 5:12
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Hello KS, a cautious dad here. First time I've posted anything about this anywhere due to not being able to get the nerve to. Still unsure if I'm entirely comfortable with it or not because I've been burned in the past(unrelated to this topic) which makes it hard to trust.

Anyway, I'm a 42m dad of 5. Had a brief fling with my second eldest daughter (24f) a few months ago. My wife(her step-mom) suggested it to me one night, I relayed that conversation to my daughter and to my amazement she was happy about it. Long story short we made it happen. It was awkward, amazing, frightening, exciting. I felt closer to her than I ever had before. Alas it was not to last. We're still close, but she's not around as much as she was before. I never thought I'd be as heart broken as I am, my wife is there for me and helps me keep my head up. Even if it never happens again, or never evolves into anything more, I'm glad that at the least we still have our father-daughter relationship. I answer when she calls. I do whatever I can when she needs me. I'll always be there for her and her siblings no matter what.

Introduction Empty Re: Introduction

Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 5:20
Welcome to Kindred Spirits! You’re not the only father who’s had a relationship with his daughter, glad to hear your wife was supportive of the relationship.

http://marriage-equality.blogspot.com/p/case-studies.html

https://consanguinamory.wordpress.com/about-me/
lostguydad1209

Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 5:47
Thank you for your kind words.
FullMarriageEquality
FullMarriageEquality
Admin
Admin
http://marriage-equality.blogspot.com

Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 6:00
Welcome aboard! I've cleared your account for membership. Your wife sounds interesting. I'm curious as to how/why she suggested it. If you'd like, you can explain more in the member area. No pressure.

Last edited by FullMarriageEquality on Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 6:13; edited 1 time in total
lostguydad1209

Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 6:13
Thank you FME. As my comfort level improves I may very well go into more detail of how my story all started. I am very blessed and fortunate to have met, and continue to be happily married 19 years to my wife. Without her I never would have had the courage to broach the subject with anyone, let alone my daughter. She is my rock and I am hers.
Unowen17
Unowen17
Admin
Admin

Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 6:14
Welcome to KS!

Best,
UN
lostguydad1209

Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 6:18
Thank you UN
sleepingrain
sleepingrain
Admin
Admin

Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 18:25
hiya LGD, and thank you for sharing so much as you did, I understand it's very personal for you. Like FME said, if you'd like there's other threads where you can share your story, or pieces of your story if you don't feel ready saying everything.
Let us know if you have questions, & please take care!
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
Admin
Admin
https://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 22:25
Welome to KS. I understand that making that first post can be quite a nerve wracking experience, but you'll find here that we're a pretty friendly group, and I'm sure you'll have no problem settling in. You can share more when you feel ready to, in the upgraded members only sections since they're invisible to the general public.

Your wife suggesting it is intriguing to me, but you're very lucky to have a wife who understands and is supportive. So long as you and your daughter still have a good family relationship that's the main thing, but I also understand how you would have wanted there to be something more perhaps in the long term. Things don't always pan out how we would like them to, with many people it's guilt, doubt, uncertainty...etc. All these feelings are normal, especially when people have been told all their life that 'incest is bad', and yet here we are with experiences to the contrary. I'm sure you'll find some answers here Smile
lostguydad1209

Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 23:15
Thank you Rain and Jane, the warm and kind welcomes are a comfort and help a lot to ease the anxiety of posting anything related to this. It's heartening to know I'm not alone.
FullMarriageEquality
FullMarriageEquality
Admin
Admin

Thu 15 Feb 2018 - 2:53
I'm polyamorous myself, so I'm not at all bothered by ethical nonmonogamy. But I do get curious when a partner who isn't blood related encourages Consanguinamorous polyamory.
lostguydad1209

Sat 17 Feb 2018 - 2:01
I will post my story soon. Reading others stories and responses has eased my worries about this forum. This place is definitely NOT anything like redit. I'm not wanting to get my experience off my chest and out of my already full head to provide fapping material for anyone.... which is what redit seems to be mostly. I am so thankful to have found this community.

Side note: My wife and I are also starting our poly journey. We opened up our marriage 3 years ago after being swingers for most of our marriage. Opening seemed the next natural step in our progress. And in the last year after reading about Polyamory and listening to a lot of podcasts about it we both looked at each other and it dawned on us that it's basically what we've been communicating to each other about... Just didn't have a word for it...lol. And that is one of the things that contributed to our discussion and eventual involvement with my daughter....
FullMarriageEquality
FullMarriageEquality
Admin
Admin

Sun 18 Feb 2018 - 1:00
Wonderful. Polyamory isn't for everyone, but it is for some.
bunny4med

Tue 20 Feb 2018 - 15:26
welcome. i've been with my brother for 18 years and in a polyamorous relationship for almost 2 years.
Unowen17
Unowen17
Admin
Admin

Tue 20 Feb 2018 - 16:07
lostguydad1209 wrote:I will post my story soon. Reading others stories and responses has eased my worries about this forum. This place is definitely NOT anything like redit. I'm not wanting to get my experience off my chest and out of my already full head to provide fapping material for anyone.... which is what redit seems to be mostly. I am so thankful to have found this community.

Thanks, LGD. We try to keep the house clean, and I think we do pretty well. And the admins have secret ninja powers. Smile

Best,
UN

Wed 21 Feb 2018 - 22:49
Gotta agree. Despite only a brief time having actually posted to Reddit, this place is nothing like that. There are so many genuine and great people here. I'm sorry to hear that your story ended, but I believe many of the people here will help in any way they can.
sleepingrain
sleepingrain
Admin
Admin

Thu 22 Feb 2018 - 19:47
unowen! they're not secret if you tell everybody! LOL
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
Admin
Admin
https://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

Thu 22 Feb 2018 - 22:56
Now who let my super secret ninja powers out of the box? LOL
Unowen17
Unowen17
Admin
Admin

Fri 23 Feb 2018 - 0:20
Jane Doe wrote:Now who let my super secret ninja powers out of the box? LOL

I cannot tell a lie, Jane.

The check is in the mail. If elected, I will reduce taxes. And I put the letter under that garbage. Smile Smile

Best,
UN

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum