Kindred Spirits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
kevrob1980
kevrob1980

Hello ... I'm Kev and glad to be here Empty Hello ... I'm Kev and glad to be here

Thu 16 Jun 2016 - 13:16
Hello everyone,

I'm Kevin and it took some courage for me to come here, even though I still haven't figured out why I should. I'd guess it's because it's so difficult to harbor a secret like mine for so many years and I have this compulsion to tell someone, or even everyone out there. It's been almost 20 years since Takako, my own mother and I began and we wanted to stop for so many times that we've lost count. But we couldn't, just couldn't stop. It wasn't just desire and passion, but a lotta love too.

My mother is a Japanese woman who'd come all the way from Osaka to have her college education here in California back in the late 70's. That's how she'd met my dad, who happened to be one of her teachers and twenty years her senior. They were already living together beginning her senior year and soon enough I was conceived. They did have quite a normal and ok marriage and as for me, my childhood was pretty ok as well. But I've always been closed to mom, probably because of the fact that my dad got a job which had him frequently flown to other countries when I was nine; and I am the only family my mom has here in the States. She's a quiet and shy lady and hasn't been able to make a lot of friends since she came here and that might also be a factor which has gotten us closer than we expected.

But the tipping point, if one could use that term, was my dad passed away when I was fifteen. Takako was sad, lost and scared. And holding on to each other was the only thing we could do. And that was how we started.

I'm glad I could tell others here that I love Takako ... and she's much more than my mom. Thanks for accepting me here.

likaself likes this post

Shiro
Shiro

Hello ... I'm Kev and glad to be here Empty Re: Hello ... I'm Kev and glad to be here

Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 2:13
You're not alone here, you're among friends.

You've been updated Smile

likaself likes this post

FullMarriageEquality
FullMarriageEquality
Admin
Admin
http://marriage-equality.blogspot.com

Hello ... I'm Kev and glad to be here Empty Re: Hello ... I'm Kev and glad to be here

Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 2:58
Welcome! Looking forward to hearing more from you. You are among friends.
sleepingrain
sleepingrain
Admin
Admin

Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 9:24
Hiya Kevin! and welcome to the forum. It was very lovely to read your story ^_^
It does take some considerable courage to open up about, so that's understandable, and admirable too. I'm glad that you came here to share it with us! hopefully, you might find some resources here that can be of some help (the stories are good to read all around).
In any case it's just good to have you; we're all in this together!
CristinaShy
CristinaShy
http://www.lilysgardener.com

Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 9:27
Welcome !!
Jane Doe
Jane Doe
Admin
Admin
https://consanguinamory.wordpress.com

Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 23:54
Welcome aboard Kev, You're amongst supportive friends Smile
CristinaShy
CristinaShy
http://www.lilysgardener.com

Sat 18 Jun 2016 - 22:29
Welcome
Jonbob0008
Jonbob0008

Wed 22 Jun 2016 - 16:47
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Your mother must be a beautiful woman inside and out. Welcome.

likaself likes this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum